Google Places Offers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has noticed this but if you go to your google places listing you can now create offers ie book direct through our web site for 10% off or bring this coupon for a free bottle of wine etc and you set a date it is to run to and they print the coupon off. Thats handy and its free.

Yes they have had that for a few years now. Put a special code on it and see if anyone takes notice!

the impression I get from google is they play nice with people who play nice with them. If its free to get people to book direct its no loss.

I used google places in another business. Changing the offer frequently is important. Didn't get alot of traffic the first few months, but after 3-6 months of consistantly offering coupons, we started seeing activity from the free posting. Sometimes free is worth what you pay for it, nothing, but sometimes you get a new customer. As we all know it costs way more to get new ones. Free except for a little bit of time is not a bad deal if you even get one new customer out of it.
I wouldn't presume to say the business I ran relates at all to this industry but having had experiences with Google Places/Maps it is worth the little bit of effort to get a new customer.
The ones we got had in fact been to our web site, and read reviews of the business. However, they didn't act until they saw a coupon when searching out our competition on the map.

Back