Google Places Removing TripAdvisor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed the other day that a neighboring place had many reviews from T A listed in their places site, while we did not. Perhaps it will take some time to remove them all?
We do get a L O T of traffic from Google. They're the #1 referrer to our site.

I noticed the other day that a neighboring place had many reviews from T A listed in their places site, while we did not. Perhaps it will take some time to remove them all?
We do get a L O T of traffic from Google. They're the #1 referrer to our site..
It only stands to reason the Google is usually # 1 referrer to anyone's site.They are the big boys:)
People just automatically go there and type in a city + bed breakfast, or if they know the B & B name. I never even think to go to Yahoo or Bing. Why bother unless you have done that all along.

I AM SO GLAD GOOGLE HAS DUMPED ta . YEA!!! STRICK ONE FOR GOOGLE. I AM ON TOP OF THE ROOF CHEERING ON GOOGLE.

NW Natterbug said:
We do get a L O T of traffic from Google. They're the #1 referrer to our site.
Most of the time these things roll out across servers. We've had times that everyone is wild about something on Google but it doesn't show for my search for days. Right now TA reviews are still showing.

I love google, and I love google places, but I'm not a big fan of google dropping tripadvisor reviews from my page.
Also, I worry about the TOS for writting reviews. Tripadvisor's TOS requires the user to have stayed at the lodging in question, and also has strict guidelines that many reviewers break (which I take advantage of, which is why I successfully remove poorly written reviews.) However, google's TOS doesn't seem to be as strict according to this
http://www.google.com/support/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=187622
It just seems to be less monitored, which may be a good thing...but could end up blowing up in our faces...thoughts?

I love google, and I love google places, but I'm not a big fan of google dropping tripadvisor reviews from my page.
Also, I worry about the TOS for writting reviews. Tripadvisor's TOS requires the user to have stayed at the lodging in question, and also has strict guidelines that many reviewers break (which I take advantage of, which is why I successfully remove poorly written reviews.) However, google's TOS doesn't seem to be as strict according to this
It just seems to be less monitored, which may be a good thing...but could end up blowing up in our faces...thoughts?.
You'll have to post the TOS that show TA does not allow reviews by people who have not stayed. They regularly tell innkeepers that reviews left by guests unhappy with the results of the PHONE CALL they made to the property are legitimate reviews. If the guest interacts with your property, they can leave a review.

It just seems to be less monitored, which may be a good thing...but could end up blowing up in our faces...thoughts?.
You'll have to post the TOS that show TA does not allow reviews by people who have not stayed. They regularly tell innkeepers that reviews left by guests unhappy with the results of the PHONE CALL they made to the property are legitimate reviews. If the guest interacts with your property, they can leave a review.
Even in Jay Karen's blog, he says that Trip Advisor allows reviews for any kind of interaction with the property.
Is it possible that the Canadian TA has different TOS?

Has anyone here mentioned the Google+ thing yet? I can't remember. If you go to the blog section, you will see an article on it from A C O - N
An innkeeper just emailed be about doing it. So I quickly read some stuff...ANOTHER FACEBOOK!!! OMG!!!

Has anyone here mentioned the Google+ thing yet? I can't remember. If you go to the blog section, you will see an article on it from A C O - N
An innkeeper just emailed be about doing it. So I quickly read some stuff...ANOTHER FACEBOOK!!! OMG!!!
catlady said:
Has anyone here mentioned the Google+ thing yet?
It's not open to the general public yet; a bunch of early adopters are test driving still. Not me, sadly. Some people think it won't hurt Facebook but may hurt Twitter. Time will tell. Remember when myspace was all the rage?

catlady said:
Has anyone here mentioned the Google+ thing yet?
It's not open to the general public yet; a bunch of early adopters are test driving still. Not me, sadly. Some people think it won't hurt Facebook but may hurt Twitter. Time will tell. Remember when myspace was all the rage?
I have an account (and I can invite) but it's for individuals only at the moment. I like the fact that I can keep people in different circles and have some stuff appear only to those people. It allows me the freedom to use my account as an individual and not have B&B guests see everything.
Hit me up in email if you want me to send you an invite.

Even in Jay Karen's blog, he says that Trip Advisor allows reviews for any kind of interaction with the property.
Breakfast Diva said:
I would doubt it. I'm actually waiting for TA to be sued in Canada. Having a .CA domain requires that you have a Canadian company, which means you are subject to Canadian laws, including the laws on discrimination, hate speech etc. And if you are sued in Canada... loser pays all costs.

Breakfast Diva said:
I would doubt it. I'm actually waiting for TA to be sued in Canada. Having a .CA domain requires that you have a Canadian company, which means you are subject to Canadian laws, including the laws on discrimination, hate speech etc. And if you are sued in Canada... loser pays all costs.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Breakfast Diva said:
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

Back