Google Rating... Who?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Just received a google rating... a 2 star. Don't know the person, don't really have a registered guest within the last while with that name. No comments, just the rating. WTF?

Is that the same as google review? If so, google will not remove it. We once had a review so filled will lies and it was slanterous. I contacted google and they would not take it down unless we could show documents that we filed a suit against them. Basically, they won't take any review down. Fortunately, the actual review is gone now after many years, but it still shows up on the rating chart.

Is that the same as google review? If so, google will not remove it. We once had a review so filled will lies and it was slanterous. I contacted google and they would not take it down unless we could show documents that we filed a suit against them. Basically, they won't take any review down. Fortunately, the actual review is gone now after many years, but it still shows up on the rating chart..
Wasn't even thinking about that. Not much I can do about it, because there doesn't have to be proof someone stayed. In fact, we have one or two like that on facebook.... but it's just so odd. And it's like random places he's rated.

My suggestion: Write your own Google review as a response and see if it gets posted. I don't think Google is policing this very well, and you getting your review/response posted should prove your point.

My suggestion: Write your own Google review as a response and see if it gets posted. I don't think Google is policing this very well, and you getting your review/response posted should prove your point..
Question. How does one get a hold of google? We have no web site as we are closed. I would like to have my page removed.
Tried TA to remove my B&B as of yet they still have not! We Have never given them permission to use out business in their site . But now I need it removed for good. Is there any other way to contact them?

My suggestion: Write your own Google review as a response and see if it gets posted. I don't think Google is policing this very well, and you getting your review/response posted should prove your point..
Question. How does one get a hold of google? We have no web site as we are closed. I would like to have my page removed.
Tried TA to remove my B&B as of yet they still have not! We Have never given them permission to use out business in their site . But now I need it removed for good. Is there any other way to contact them?
Flower said:
Did you claim your listing on Google? You would have a management account if you did. You go into the management account and mark the business as closed. Generally, they send a postcard to the address in the account and you go back in and enter the code on the postcard.
You should be able to do the same thing with TA. Go into your account and mark the business as closed. I will say, it took 5 or more years for them to delete places in my town. But those owners just walked away.

Flower said:
Did you claim your listing on Google? You would have a management account if you did. You go into the management account and mark the business as closed. Generally, they send a postcard to the address in the account and you go back in and enter the code on the postcard.
You should be able to do the same thing with TA. Go into your account and mark the business as closed. I will say, it took 5 or more years for them to delete places in my town. But those owners just walked away.
Aww Yes I think we do I will try management account. It has been many years when I did google I Thank You.
I will try TA again one must never give up. Some day I guess they will wake up. LOL

Flower said:
Aww Yes I think we do I will try management account. It has been many years when I did google I Thank You.
I will try TA again one must never give up. Some day I guess they will wake up. LOL
At the very least you can write a review on each of those sites and inform the public that you are permanently closed. At least the public who is looking at those sites will be informed.

Is that the same as google review? If so, google will not remove it. We once had a review so filled will lies and it was slanterous. I contacted google and they would not take it down unless we could show documents that we filed a suit against them. Basically, they won't take any review down. Fortunately, the actual review is gone now after many years, but it still shows up on the rating chart..
Wasn't even thinking about that. Not much I can do about it, because there doesn't have to be proof someone stayed. In fact, we have one or two like that on facebook.... but it's just so odd. And it's like random places he's rated.
I turned off my reviews on our FB page because of 1 horrible woman. Doesn't make a difference to the public. They'll write their praise in a regular post and we have control to delete if need be. Most of us suffer from these 1 star reviews on FB from people we never heard of and have no idea why there's a review to begin with.

I turned off my reviews on our FB page because of 1 horrible woman. Doesn't make a difference to the public. They'll write their praise in a regular post and we have control to delete if need be. Most of us suffer from these 1 star reviews on FB from people we never heard of and have no idea why there's a review to begin with.
My next door neighbour who we are very good friends with did us a 4 star google "as there is always room for improvement and lots of work for me to do" (me meaning him as he is my handyman LOL) We are always working on something together planning a project etc as he is a basic plumber, decorator, handyman and multi purpose builder always thinking.

We have one review in each category 1-4 stars. The rest are 5 star.
None of the other reviews are people we have ever heard of.

Flower said:
At the very least you can write a review on each of those sites and inform the public that you are permanently closed. At least the public who is looking at those sites will be informed.
Funny you should say that.
We gave it a go and they came back saying some one was trying to write a review from your ip address and we do not allow.
It was us dummy asking you to remove our listing
angry_smile.gif

We wrote them twice last year when we had a massive flood and again in May telling them we have closed for health reasons Plus a flood. Please remove our listing with you . We have warned you and ask you to remove our listing Now! Please listen. What does it take to help you understand we are not in business any longer? Please call us you have our number if you want clarification.
Yes I did not put it nicely I agree but I am fed up with them using my business for there claims.

Flower said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I wrote a review on a place in my town that had been closed for years. Said it was a great B&B but I found it wasn't open any longer. They hadn't had a review in years and finally ta removed the listing. But those people were renting the property and the owner kicked them out so they just moved and didn't shut anything down.

Flower said:
Funny you should say that.
We gave it a go and they came back saying some one was trying to write a review from your ip address and we do not allow.
It was us dummy asking you to remove our listing
angry_smile.gif

We wrote them twice last year when we had a massive flood and again in May telling them we have closed for health reasons Plus a flood. Please remove our listing with you . We have warned you and ask you to remove our listing Now! Please listen. What does it take to help you understand we are not in business any longer? Please call us you have our number if you want clarification.
Yes I did not put it nicely I agree but I am fed up with them using my business for there claims.
Can you have a friend do it or you can do it from your cell phone since that won't have an ip address. For the cell phone you'll have to download the phone app, but then you can remove it after it posts.
Tell us the name of your inn and I bet there's folks on here that would write a review saying it's closed.

Back