Google rolls out business interiors in Street View

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]Do you want photos inside your business on Google maps?http://j.mp/tps3Fg Google rolls out business interiors in Street View[/COLOR]

We'll get interior shots when Google Street View maps cow paths.
cry_smile.gif

Surely they're only doing it with the owner's permission.
I wouldn't mind it a bit, as long as I had control over when they photograph and what area they photograph. Of course, their photos will never show things as well as the professional photos on your website, but Street View users are accustomed to that.

I wouldn't mind it a bit, as long as I had control over when they photograph and what area they photograph. Of course, their photos will never show things as well as the professional photos on your website, but Street View users are accustomed to that..
Arkansawyer said:
I wouldn't mind it a bit, as long as I had control over when they photograph and what area they photograph. Of course, their photos will never show things as well as the professional photos on your website, but Street View users are accustomed to that.
The article says Google picks, you have no choice. You can request that photos be removed only after they've been put up. You have to sign up to have them come out to take the photos but you don't get to pick what they photograph.
Oddly, we are required to post photos of the inside of our buildings or no one would come and stay!

Thanks JB, I just filled out the app. We're not in a major city, so I won't hold my breath....

Im going to try and get other businesses to do it because I recon they will go to a cluster of places first as its worth comming out. Or they may work on a tipping principle ie when more than X number of places ask to be on then they go there.

Back