Google To Retire Old Version of Google Analytics

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After monitoring my stats for all these years I am not even doing it anymore. Google searches are the #1 referrer, and facebook/blogs/twitter (does this social media marketing equate to bookings? not many).

After monitoring my stats for all these years I am not even doing it anymore. Google searches are the #1 referrer, and facebook/blogs/twitter (does this social media marketing equate to bookings? not many)..
Same here. I still use statcounter occasionally which gives me a fairly simple graph of user activity so I can see how we are doing and I can check my keywords. But haven't delved into Analytics for a long time.

Have any of you had luck getting your Analytics code to work with ReservationKey? For some reason my code doesn't work for the reservation page hosted by them. To track traffic to my reservation page, I had to put the code on a redirect page on my website. Unfortunately, this only tells me how many click-throughs I'm getting to check avalability and doesn't provide anything after that.

Have any of you had luck getting your Analytics code to work with ReservationKey? For some reason my code doesn't work for the reservation page hosted by them. To track traffic to my reservation page, I had to put the code on a redirect page on my website. Unfortunately, this only tells me how many click-throughs I'm getting to check avalability and doesn't provide anything after that..
why don't you check with John. I am sure he can steer you in the right direction.

Have any of you had luck getting your Analytics code to work with ReservationKey? For some reason my code doesn't work for the reservation page hosted by them. To track traffic to my reservation page, I had to put the code on a redirect page on my website. Unfortunately, this only tells me how many click-throughs I'm getting to check avalability and doesn't provide anything after that..
why don't you check with John. I am sure he can steer you in the right direction.
catlady said:
He hasn't got a clue why it's not working.

Not specific in any way to reservation key, but you need to set up for cross domain tracking. It is not enough to just have your ga account id in both places.

Not specific in any way to reservation key, but you need to set up for cross domain tracking. It is not enough to just have your ga account id in both places.
swirt said:
Thanks Swirt!
cheers.gif

Back