Goop is great stuff

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugee

Reaction score
Being a man, I was challenged by ladies who would wipe their makeupy faces and leave their smiles in my white towels. I remembered my can of goop in the basement I used to remove oil and grease from my hands after working on the car... it takes your worst towel stained with makeup and removes all of it. You'll have to work the stain out in the sink and rinse before throwing it in the laundry but it's amazing how good it works! It saves 99% of my towels.. thought someone may benefit!

Welcome. to INNspiring.com
That's a good idea. It makes sense that it would work. Any problem with chemical odor remaining after washing?

Welcome. to INNspiring.com
That's a good idea. It makes sense that it would work. Any problem with chemical odor remaining after washing?.
Using a bathroom sink, I have had to work so many stains out of a towel that the water runs pink (yes, it's gross) with makeup (do guests do this at home?) after getting the stain out, I rinse the towel til the water runs clear and have never smelled any odor etc from the towels once washed normally.

welcome.gif
And thanks for the tip!

Welcome to the forum!
This has been discussed at length on here. Some provide a small rolled up facecloth or two with a ribbon and note "Please use for makeup removal" others provide makeup removal toweletts (I don't think most heavy makeup users would go for this as they have their own cleanser etc) and other simply use colored towel set. Now if you can get them to use the GOOP on their faces to remove the dastardly stuff you would have somethin!
cry_smile.gif

Goop or Gojo will remove any oil-based substances. DW uses it on all my jeans after I've been working on greasy equipment engines and stuff. It takes it right out and has saved me $$$ on clothing replacement.

Thanks for the tip. We use it for clean up of greasy hands but not thought to use it on the stains.
Welcome to the forum.

Goop or Gojo will remove any oil-based substances. DW uses it on all my jeans after I've been working on greasy equipment engines and stuff. It takes it right out and has saved me $$$ on clothing replacement..
I use Grease Lightening on my hubby's clothes...same here- saves lots of $$ on replacements !

Goop or Gojo will remove any oil-based substances. DW uses it on all my jeans after I've been working on greasy equipment engines and stuff. It takes it right out and has saved me $$$ on clothing replacement..
I use Grease Lightening on my hubby's clothes...same here- saves lots of $$ on replacements !
I just found Greased Lightning today in the auto section. I am going to try it out. They seem to have discontinued my favorite stain remover, the dual-sided stuff with oxi on one side and something else on the other. I miss it...

I just found Greased Lightning today in the auto section. I am going to try it out. They seem to have discontinued my favorite stain remover, the dual-sided stuff with oxi on one side and something else on the other. I miss it...
Oh, no!!! I just bought some of that somewhere. I need to look at the receipt and get some more!!!!

I have no luck at all with grease removers. I've tried them all with no success. However, I am not good at laundry even if it's not stained, so don't go by what I say.

I have no luck at all with grease removers. I've tried them all with no success. However, I am not good at laundry even if it's not stained, so don't go by what I say.
MooseTrax said:
Probably doesn't work on Moose grease.
smileystooges.gif

I still like Murphy's. Took care of the wine stain on my favorite tablecloth this week.
Forgot to say Welcome!

I still like Murphy's. Took care of the wine stain on my favorite tablecloth this week.
Forgot to say Welcome!.
gillumhouse said:
Forgot to say Welcome!
Just don't let Mrs. Murphy know about you and Mr. Murphy!
tounge_smile.gif

We have used 'Goop' here for quite some time to remove stubborn stains on our white towels that bleach can not. And it does not smell that strong, you never notice it after it has been washed, and we just throw it in the machine with it on there. It does work very well with make up.

Years ago I had a coworker who used goop on a stain on the office rug. Unfortunately, while it may have taken care of the stain, it also bleached the rug. Maybe the formula has changed since then.

Back