Goop is great stuff

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!! I never would have thought of that.We have been dealing with the make-up issue (as I'm sure you are all aware) and can't seem to get the guests to use the "make-up cloths" we put in the rooms. Our housekeepers wanted me to give you a great big Thank you!!!
teeth_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif

Great tip.
Also another tip, remember way back when we talked about spots on towels where some color would be missing?
Remnjava and hubby came to stay a night this winter and we were sitting at the table talking about this. My long term guest at the time heard us talking about it. She is working on her masters in textiles so has alot of experience with textiles. She thought that the toothpaste that has whiting agents could do a light bleach spot on towels. So maybe one question solved.

Great tip.
Also another tip, remember way back when we talked about spots on towels where some color would be missing?
Remnjava and hubby came to stay a night this winter and we were sitting at the table talking about this. My long term guest at the time heard us talking about it. She is working on her masters in textiles so has alot of experience with textiles. She thought that the toothpaste that has whiting agents could do a light bleach spot on towels. So maybe one question solved..
hawley said:
Great tip.
Remnjava and hubby came to stay a night this winter and we were sitting at the table talking about this. My long term guest at the time heard us talking about it. She is working on her masters in textiles so has alot of experience with textiles. She thought that the toothpaste that has whiting agents could do a light bleach spot on towels. So maybe one question solved.
Absolutely. I can attest to this if I wipe my mouth on my towel! Peroxide in the toothpaste!

welcome.gif
Gonzo is another great stain remover as is Super Clean, which is found in the automotive section of Walmart. Watch out though as it's very toxic to breathe.

Great tip.
Remnjava and hubby came to stay a night this winter and we were sitting at the table talking about this. My long term guest at the time heard us talking about it. She is working on her masters in textiles so has alot of experience with textiles. She thought that the toothpaste that has whiting agents could do a light bleach spot on towels. So maybe one question solved..
hawley said:
Great tip.
Absolutely. I can attest to this if I wipe my mouth on my towel! Peroxide in the toothpaste!
I'm not arguing about peroxide, but...I use peroxide to get stains out of the carpet and it doesn't remove the color from the carpet. Also use one of those 'whitening, brightening' mouthwashes, ditto no problems on towels. I think it's something else in combo with the peroxide.
Whatever it is is in the ProActiv cleanser, too.
I soaked my blankets in peroxide, dish detergent and water to get those grease marks out. No problem with the blankets. (I didn't pour it directly on the blanket, tho.) I DO pour the peroxide directly on the sheets, tho, for blood stains. No discoloring there.
Yes, I do know peroxide will take the color out of hair! Still think there is something else going on here.

Great tip.
hawley said:
Great tip.
I'm not arguing about peroxide, but...I use peroxide to get stains out of the carpet and it doesn't remove the color from the carpet. Also use one of those 'whitening, brightening' mouthwashes, ditto no problems on towels. I think it's something else in combo with the peroxide.
I soaked my blankets in peroxide, dish detergent and water to get those grease marks out. No problem with the blankets. (I didn't pour it directly on the blanket, tho.) I DO pour the peroxide directly on the sheets, tho, for blood stains. No discoloring there.
Yes, I do know peroxide will take the color out of hair! Still think there is something else going on here.
Morticia said:
Oh yeah the old peroxide yellow hair. So maybe it is a certain blend of towels it affects.

Back