Got Bacon?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cooked mine in the micro wave just to check how it would go. worked perfect!.
Ice said:
I cooked mine in the micro wave just to check how it would go. worked perfect!
I was in the kitchen and going to do this and forgot how the fold went! My bacon must be lankier then the bacon shown in the image, it is thick cut but longer slices, it looked silly so I gave up. Of course, now it is stout that the george foreman knocked out the fat and the tray is full of fat.
wow.gif

I cooked mine in the micro wave just to check how it would go. worked perfect!.
Ice said:
I cooked mine in the micro wave just to check how it would go. worked perfect!
I was in the kitchen and going to do this and forgot how the fold went! My bacon must be lankier then the bacon shown in the image, it is thick cut but longer slices, it looked silly so I gave up. Of course, now it is stout that the george foreman knocked out the fat and the tray is full of fat.
wow.gif

Bacon is not what it used to be. We generally buy 2-4 pkgs at the same time. Same brand. Same 'style'. One pkg will cook up all nice & straight and the next pkg will shrink by half and curl up.
Which is why, as much as I love the hearts, I am not sure the pkg of bacon we select will not come out looking like a Grinch heart!

Thanks for posting that picture! It came at the right time for a couple we had celebrating an anniversary. I did this in the oven & didn't cut the pieces. I just folded the ends over. They loved it! (looks like plain toast, but it was almond french toast made from homemade bread - very yummy!).
I'm drooling!

Back