Got Bacon?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
For the innkeeper who has bacon week, this is for you!
203999058090611491_uSm87F0l_f.jpg

If you put a bacon press on it or just a cast iron skillet, it would hold the shape.
cute idea!

We await the AFTERS photo...
chef.gif
If you try it, please share. I mean, the photo.

If you put a bacon press on it or just a cast iron skillet, it would hold the shape.
cute idea!.
I always bake my bacon so it won't curl...I bet it would work nicely with these. Just put them on parchment for easy clean up and bake at 400 for about 12 minutes or until they are brown. Haven't tried the heart shape yet but perhaps next weekend?

I tried making these using my panni press because I don't have a bacon press. I put the lid down near to the closed position and the held shape beautifully.
Unfortunately, my camera is misplaced so I couldn't take a photo.
Just another idea on how to make them without a bacon press. You have to watch to make sure the grease drains but they turned out nice and crisp. I happen to like it that way.

I tried making these using my panni press because I don't have a bacon press. I put the lid down near to the closed position and the held shape beautifully.
Just another idea on how to make them without a bacon press. You have to watch to make sure the grease drains but they turned out nice and crisp. I happen to like it that way..
Colleen848 said:
Just another idea on how to make them without a bacon press. You have to watch to make sure the grease drains but they turned out nice and crisp. I happen to like it that way.
I am very curious about this Coll, as I use the foreman grill which "knocks out the fat" so thanks for the reminder, I might give it a shot tomorrow. Or maybe just do a single run on my own, and then eat it! There's always that option!
I have some guests who are first time B&B goers, I might have to give them the royal treatment with heart shaped bacon, or is it "I love B&B's" bacon? Or is it "Virginia is for Lovers" bacon...the possibilities are endless! Esp if I place one heart on top of the pecan pancakes (yeah still making those like crazy here)

Just another idea on how to make them without a bacon press. You have to watch to make sure the grease drains but they turned out nice and crisp. I happen to like it that way..
Colleen848 said:
I am very curious about this Coll, as I use the foreman grill which "knocks out the fat" so thanks for the reminder, I might give it a shot tomorrow. Or maybe just do a single run on my own, and then eat it! There's always that option!
I have some guests who are first time B&B goers, I might have to give them the royal treatment with heart shaped bacon, or is it "I love B&B's" bacon? Or is it "Virginia is for Lovers" bacon...the possibilities are endless! Esp if I place one heart on top of the pecan pancakes (yeah still making those like crazy here)
Let us know what your experience with the GF grill is. I have one of those and it might be easier than baking.

Colleen848 said:
Let us know what your experience with the GF grill is. I have one of those and it might be easier than baking.
Might have to go buy bacon and try this (when the kids are gone and I can sneak bacon into the house). I will take pics I promise. They won't notice cause they never use the GF.

Colleen848 said:
I think you must have the countertop model. I used to have a GF indoor/outdoor grill that either stood on a pedestal or you could bring it inside. I disliked it and gave it to my daughter who lives in a city apartment where a gas or charcoal grill is not allowed. Myself, I prefer charcoal to gas. Then again it's a time factor or personal preference. But, then again I have an electric smoker and charcoal smoker. lol
To really get the full effect, you could always trim the crisp corners of where it is folded over and incorporate the "clippings", i.e. bacon bits into something else.
Good luck. Have fun and send a pic. Still haven't found my camera but everything is kind of in an uproar around here.
Pecan pancakes sound fantastic.

Colleen848 said:
Sorry, just read your post. The GF would definetely be much faster than baking if it all works out well. I'm just not familiar with them and don't know how much they close. Anyways, worth a shot. After all, time is precious.

Thanks for posting that picture! It came at the right time for a couple we had celebrating an anniversary. I did this in the oven & didn't cut the pieces. I just folded the ends over. They loved it! (looks like plain toast, but it was almond french toast made from homemade bread - very yummy!)

Thanks for posting that picture! It came at the right time for a couple we had celebrating an anniversary. I did this in the oven & didn't cut the pieces. I just folded the ends over. They loved it! (looks like plain toast, but it was almond french toast made from homemade bread - very yummy!).
cheers.gif

Thanks for posting that picture! It came at the right time for a couple we had celebrating an anniversary. I did this in the oven & didn't cut the pieces. I just folded the ends over. They loved it! (looks like plain toast, but it was almond french toast made from homemade bread - very yummy!).
Cute.

YEA!!!!

Awesome!!

I cooked mine in the micro wave just to check how it would go. worked perfect!

Back