Got Print?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Anybody ever used gotprint.net before? A friend recommended them to me. He used them to print some business cards and was very pleased with the result. I just ordered 1000 rack cards from them.
Vistaprint's base price for 1000 rack cards was $128, but I got 1000 from Got Print for just $68, on glossy card stock sprayed with UV protection!
Plus you don't have to chop your way through 15 screens of sales pitches to check out, like you do with Vistaprint. (Vista has finally added a "go straight to checkout" option.)

Yes! I recently did several rack cards for folks and they told me to use them. I was leery, but the rack cards turned out TERRIFIC!!!! I now recommend them to anyone wanting to print.

I don't know where Got Print is located, but I've noticed that the stuff from VistaPrint says "printed in Canada" .
Not that that's a bad thing ;-)

DH needed biz cards so this time I went to a "real" print company that goes to the Conferences. They are smaller than the postcard I used with Vista, but the quality s great. They took out the glare (photo-ed the paintings after they were under glass) and the image was sharp. I will be checking out this one in the future. Thanks.

Yes! I recently did several rack cards for folks and they told me to use them. I was leery, but the rack cards turned out TERRIFIC!!!! I now recommend them to anyone wanting to print..
You really have to watch for the deals on Vista now. I'll have a look. Thanks for the tip

i use Got Print, and am VERY happy with them! Great JOB on all our things! I have highly recommended them to others.
Their prices are REALLY GOOD! I can afford them with just a three room place!
My business cards have two full color images on them and they are great! My son got double sided business cards from them and also was very pleased!

I don't know where Got Print is located, but I've noticed that the stuff from VistaPrint says "printed in Canada" .
Not that that's a bad thing ;-).
You should see what GotPr!nt charges for shipping to Canada... more than the business cards....
When I originally bought from VistaP, the cards weren't printed in Canada, they were printed in the US. I suspect they moved the printing to Canada because paper is cheaper. Probably using one of the remailers to ship... basically packing it, trucking it over the US border and mailing it from the US. A lot of things actually get delivered that way. L@nds€nd, J©P and ££Bean all do it.

You should see what GotPr!nt charges for shipping to Canada... more than the business cards....
When I originally bought from VistaP, the cards weren't printed in Canada, they were printed in the US. I suspect they moved the printing to Canada because paper is cheaper. Probably using one of the remailers to ship... basically packing it, trucking it over the US border and mailing it from the US. A lot of things actually get delivered that way. L@nds€nd, J©P and ££Bean all do it.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Was Canada now they are overseas.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
According to Wikipedia, they have three factories, Canada, Netherlands and Australia. And the Canadian location is listed on their website as "Production Operations", so is the Dutch office. The Aussie office says "Pty". Interesting, I didn't realize they printed here. Windsor is ideal, though, it's right across the river from Detroit.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
According to Wikipedia, they have three factories, Canada, Netherlands and Australia. And the Canadian location is listed on their website as "Production Operations", so is the Dutch office. The Aussie office says "Pty". Interesting, I didn't realize they printed here. Windsor is ideal, though, it's right across the river from Detroit.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
YES! That's it. It rubbed me the wrong way having it come from Netherlands. I won't support them any longer, so thanks for the GOT PRINT hint here.
Oh I see Got Print uses Netherlands as well. http://gotprint.net/g/showInfo.do they say for their European clientele and mine s/b from KY.

i use Got Print, and am VERY happy with them! Great JOB on all our things! I have highly recommended them to others.
My business cards have two full color images on them and they are great! My son got double sided business cards from them and also was very pleased!.
Did you use their templates? Do you have to have Indesign or Photoshop? I see the business cards and postcards have the design helpers, but it seems brochures do not. I loved Vista because even a software idiot like me could make some very good looking products based on their drag and drop templates for all their products.

My business cards have two full color images on them and they are great! My son got double sided business cards from them and also was very pleased!.
Did you use their templates? Do you have to have Indesign or Photoshop? I see the business cards and postcards have the design helpers, but it seems brochures do not. I loved Vista because even a software idiot like me could make some very good looking products based on their drag and drop templates for all their products.
Anon Inn said:
Did you use their templates? Do you have to have Indesign or Photoshop? I loved Vista because even a software idiot like me could make some very good looking products based on their drag and drop templates.
Yes, I downloaded their JPG template and built the card as an image in Windows Paint. The template produces an over-sized image so by the time it's reduced to the size of the card, it's high resolution. Frankly, it was much easier to get it like I wanted it than with the Vista online editor, which can be a bit quirky. Plus, Vista charges you $5 for each image you upload to include in the card. Much better to do it in something like Paint and just upload it as one free image!

Anon Inn said:
We used our own design, not the templates so I couldn't help you there.

Their templates don't have any pre-defined layout or anything. It's just a JPG file of a blank white box of the correct width and height for your 4" x 9" rack card, with a line inset from the edge all around to show the size it will be finish-trimmed to. Any parts of a photo outside the line (they call this the bleed area) will be cut off, leaving a clean photo going all the way to the edge of the card. The template makes it simple to send them exactly what they need to make a great card. You'll still be creating the design completely by yourself.

Their templates don't have any pre-defined layout or anything. It's just a JPG file of a blank white box of the correct width and height for your 4" x 9" rack card, with a line inset from the edge all around to show the size it will be finish-trimmed to. Any parts of a photo outside the line (they call this the bleed area) will be cut off, leaving a clean photo going all the way to the edge of the card. The template makes it simple to send them exactly what they need to make a great card. You'll still be creating the design completely by yourself..
I download the psd template so I have the layers to work with that way all the lines stay in place and then when I have the rackcard done, I delete the lined layers and save my file. I use Paint Shop Pro X4

For the record, my confirmation e-mail indicates that Got Print is based in Burbank, California, and my rack cards are being printed in their Texas press facility.
Here's an interesting (to me) video of their Heidelberg printer being installed in the Texas facility (no wonder it does better than my HP inkjet).
It was especially interesting to me because as a child (age 10-ish) I ran my family's Heidelberg job printing press (much smaller than Got Print's) at our newspaper here in my home town, printing flyers and small booklets. It was a letterpress, meaning I picked out the individual lead letters from a type drawer, set up the full print job in lead, and the Heidelberg handled spreading ink on the lead type and pressing sheets of paper against it to create the final copies.
Then I'd run the booklets through a saddle stitch stapler to bind them, and trim the edges on a paper cutter that could slice through 1500 sheets of paper like a hot knife through butter.
Ah, the good old days!

I uploaded my image and placed my rack card order on Sunday, approved the e-mailed "proof" on Monday, and got a notice Tuesday that my order has shipped!
thumbs_up.gif
These folks don't mess around!

I uploaded my image and placed my rack card order on Sunday, approved the e-mailed "proof" on Monday, and got a notice Tuesday that my order has shipped!
thumbs_up.gif
These folks don't mess around!.
Arkansawyer said:
thumbs_up.gif
These folks don't mess around!
Arks would love to see a proof of your rack card. If you have one I can view, can you email please.

thumbs_up.gif
These folks don't mess around!.
That's right. My rack cards were sent immediately. I was shocked it was so quick.

Back