Gotta love those horse people

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Warning! WARNING!!! This is a VENT!
12 hours ago I had a call for rooms and stable (actually they wanted a queen room with a cot - no way). The farm lady said OK even though neither of us like same-day horse reservations. Last I heard from them was at 6 PM - they were about 200 miles away and had had cooling system problems with the truck. 3 ladies and 4 horses. Supposedly their planned stop was not going to work out so they wanted to stay here. those horses have been in the trailer MUCH too long!!
At the urging of DH I just called them - they are 8 miles from where they would be making the call to me. Yea!! I may get to sleep tonight!

Awesome!!!!! About time they got them out of that trailer!!!

2 AM - TV loud in one room and they are clompping around in the other. Glad no one else is in-house. I think they left 2 horses on the trailer - parked not on the street but in the VFD parking lot. I will be hearing about that! I get ti sleep until 6! 8 AM breakfast.

how?
how do you go to sleep at 6 and do a breakfast at 8?? Why??!
' Dear Guest,
Cheerios are on the counter, milk is in the fridge. Enjoy '

how?
' Dear Guest,
Cheerios are on the counter, milk is in the fridge. Enjoy '.
seashanty said:
how?
' Dear Guest,
Because K is a compulsive over acheiver, she loves each and everyone one of her guests like her own children! Right K????
Right, cause she is my long lost sister, INSANE like me :)
I would and will do the same thing, there is just something about horse people that you just deal with. Having been out partying until the very wee hours many a night, and then getting up and schooling horses and or bathing so everyone was pretty,shiney and ready for their close-up at 7:30 am, I know what horse people do.
They aren't rude as much as they march to their own drummer and that of their horses. They are used to little to no sleep when on the road with their equine friends, and usually have a day on either end of the haul for a bit of rest.
I used to drive from San Diego to Scottsdale and back with a trailer full of horses and the only stop we made was gas and potty. When we got to the destination we went to the closet greasy spoon for hot food that didn't come from a window and then we loaded up and turned around to go back home. Tens of if not hundreds of thousands of dollars of precious cargo making manure behind us.

how?
' Dear Guest,
I slept until 6 - got to bed at 2. The green tip she stuck in my apron pocket this morning after I took them back to the stable (they still had the rig with horse aboard on the truck in front of the house) made it all worth it. As I drove home I pulled it out and looked - $50. Now I can send the donation I wanted to send to my councilman's family (he needs a heart transplant) without tapping the till. It is in the stamped envelope already! Strange how things work isn't it.

how?
' Dear Guest,
seashanty said:
how?
' Dear Guest,
Because K is a compulsive over acheiver, she loves each and everyone one of her guests like her own children! Right K????
I would and will do the same thing, there is just something about horse people that you just deal with. Having been out partying until the very wee hours many a night, and then getting up and schooling horses and or bathing so everyone was pretty,shiney and ready for their close-up at 7:30 am, I know what horse people do.
They aren't rude as much as they march to their own drummer and that of their horses. They are used to little to no sleep when on the road with their equine friends, and usually have a day on either end of the haul for a bit of rest.
I used to drive from San Diego to Scottsdale and back with a trailer full of horses and the only stop we made was gas and potty. When we got to the destination we went to the closet greasy spoon for hot food that didn't come from a window and then we loaded up and turned around to go back home. Tens of if not hundreds of thousands of dollars of precious cargo making manure behind us.
They are delivering horses to PA - by noon today (they will not make it by Noon) and told DH they have to be in Atlanta tonight. That is a schedule that has lost both its washers and bolts.

how?
' Dear Guest,
seashanty said:
how?
' Dear Guest,
They are delivering horses to PA - by noon today (they will not make it by Noon) and told DH they have to be in Atlanta tonight. That is a schedule that has lost both its washers and bolts.
That is a tough haul, they may make Atlanta but only if they drive fast, no potty breaks and don't hit any construction.

how?
' Dear Guest,
I slept until 6 - got to bed at 2. The green tip she stuck in my apron pocket this morning after I took them back to the stable (they still had the rig with horse aboard on the truck in front of the house) made it all worth it. As I drove home I pulled it out and looked - $50. Now I can send the donation I wanted to send to my councilman's family (he needs a heart transplant) without tapping the till. It is in the stamped envelope already! Strange how things work isn't it.
gillumhouse said:
Not strange a'tall ;)

wow! If I don't get 8 hours of sleep, I can star in a zombie movie. No script or makeup required.

wow! If I don't get 8 hours of sleep, I can star in a zombie movie. No script or makeup required..
I am now sleepy enough that I THINK I can take a nap. I have a LOOOOONG City Council meeting tonight after a Public Hearing on an Ordinance. At least this public hearing should not be like the last one - a citizen telling the Council if they passed the Ordinance a lawsuit and demonstrations would follow. This one will probably be like most of them are - no comment.

Back