Government hotel spending: 20% cut possible...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This could mean an increase in business for smaller(read cheaper) accommodations. I don't know if many of us fall in that category though. Most B&Bs generally have higher rates than hotels and motels, depending on the level of amenities and their location.
We don't offer a government rate. The per diem that the goverment allows doesn't approach our base rate and offers us no wiggle room. It's not worth it.
Besides, I don't see them offering us a special rate.
smileystooges.gif

This could mean an increase in business for smaller(read cheaper) accommodations. I don't know if many of us fall in that category though. Most B&Bs generally have higher rates than hotels and motels, depending on the level of amenities and their location.
We don't offer a government rate. The per diem that the goverment allows doesn't approach our base rate and offers us no wiggle room. It's not worth it.
Besides, I don't see them offering us a special rate.
smileystooges.gif
We had some lady try to pay us with a government PO... not happening. They already get a special discount, it's called TAXES including my income tax.

The rate around here is about half what we charge. And who was it who just had a call from someone insisting they lower their rate by TWO DOLLARS to fit into the requirements but not taking into consideration that EVERYTHING was included in the price??? The guest would not need to pay for breakfast, parking, WiFi, snacks. But the TWO DOLLARS on the room price was the sticking point.
The clueless walk among us. Actually, it's the unempowered who walk among us and it's sad that an assistant could not make the call to save the cost of the breakfast, WiFi, parking and snacks because the price that would show on the expense report was $2 more than allowed.

The rate around here is about half what we charge. And who was it who just had a call from someone insisting they lower their rate by TWO DOLLARS to fit into the requirements but not taking into consideration that EVERYTHING was included in the price??? The guest would not need to pay for breakfast, parking, WiFi, snacks. But the TWO DOLLARS on the room price was the sticking point.
The clueless walk among us. Actually, it's the unempowered who walk among us and it's sad that an assistant could not make the call to save the cost of the breakfast, WiFi, parking and snacks because the price that would show on the expense report was $2 more than allowed..
Morticia said:
The rate around here is about half what we charge. And who was it who just had a call from someone insisting they lower their rate by TWO DOLLARS to fit into the requirements but not taking into consideration that EVERYTHING was included in the price??? The guest would not need to pay for breakfast, parking, WiFi, snacks. But the TWO DOLLARS on the room price was the sticking point. The clueless walk among us. Actually, it's the unempowered who walk among us and it's sad that an assistant could not make the call to save the cost of the breakfast, WiFi, parking and snacks because the price that would show on the expense report was $2 more than allowed.
That was ME. Goodness that was just crazy! It finally was approved but what a waste of time on both sides for $2 a night. The Gov. per diem site shows many different prices depending on location in our state, the areas not listed fall into another basic catagory. That is what this guest thought we fell under, but we don't. There are instructions on how to read the list, there again - people don't read!
The bottom line is that if they don't get approval for the difference, the difference comes out of their own pocket. It matters not that the difference in tax (alone) here makes up for the $2 per night compared to the hotels here or the fact that breakfast, WiFi etc. is included as that portion comes out of another daily allowance.
This time it worked for me, some other times I loose out on the business. 99.9% of these guests are great customers and I like the low maintenance!!!

Back