Government per diem rate

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseberry

Reaction score
How does everyone handle gov. rates?
Ours here is $109. summer and $99.00 winter ( that is what they get)
My rate is $20.00 above that, but I give a $10.00 discount, so they only would have to pay $10.00 extra, which they actually could take from their meal allowance.
Some gov employees pay the difference no questions asked, some like me to drop the rate.
I am willing to drop the rate since those are some of my winter business, but feel kind of cheated when I do. maybe I should just offer room and no BF ?
What are your policies on this?

You are fortunate. The per diem here is $70 - $25 less than my shared rooms and $54 less than my pvt bath guestroom. I take it and they still get breakfast because they are here on weekdays and there is always hope springing eternal that they will come back with their spouse.
One lady who was here the first time as a peon came back for the 10 year anniversary doings of their section at the Gvt facility near here - and took the other two rooms for her (now) minions. And she talked us up at the facility - where our town Mayor happens to be a Dept head.

We are way above the government Per Diem even if we offered a discount. There's always the Super 8 in town.

Our gov rate is $70, and my twin bed room is $95. So far I've only had the one guest that I worked out an arrangement with. A more recent caller went elsewhere.
=)
Kk.

I've only had State and local government employees. I guess my corporate rate worked for them since it included a full breakfast. They were exempt from some or all of the taxes (depending on what they were and the forms they supplied). I've not had any Federal employees yet. I think our rate for them is $89/night which would be okay for a longer term stay in one of our rooms that can handle that (no brekkie and once or twice a week housekeeping) and would probably be the reason they were here.

Our area per diem is $70 - and we will honor that for our 2 smaller rooms that are $89. Since we are a few miles from a national guard training facility we do get a lot of military, contractors, and trainers, as well as state employees. We just lowered the other rooms to $10 and $20 over the per diem for government employees but haven't had any calls for these yet. We shall see how that works out. We are now requiring that the guest be on active travel status, otherwise we will give a 10% discount on the room. We also will do the tax exemption if the forms are provided.

Our locale's per diem rate is $80 - much less than our regular weekday rate. We only offer it during slow times, with no breakfast and single occupancy only. There are a few government locations here but they have built-in housing and guaranteed contracts with the local chain hotels so we don't get much overflow. Our biggest problem is that they cancel at the last minute on a regular basis, and they won't pay cancellation fees - so we don't allow them to book very often. I have had a lot of phone calls from those who want to bring their spouses for a getaway but only want to pay the government rate - we don't do that.
We had a state employee here who used a reimbursement voucher instead of a agency credit card - it took ten weeks and a dozen phone calls before we received that check for a measly $80. That was the first and last time we'll take a voucher.

Our locale's per diem rate is $80 - much less than our regular weekday rate. We only offer it during slow times, with no breakfast and single occupancy only. There are a few government locations here but they have built-in housing and guaranteed contracts with the local chain hotels so we don't get much overflow. Our biggest problem is that they cancel at the last minute on a regular basis, and they won't pay cancellation fees - so we don't allow them to book very often. I have had a lot of phone calls from those who want to bring their spouses for a getaway but only want to pay the government rate - we don't do that.
We had a state employee here who used a reimbursement voucher instead of a agency credit card - it took ten weeks and a dozen phone calls before we received that check for a measly $80. That was the first and last time we'll take a voucher..
Wow, 10 weeks to get paid, that sucks! I should have said also that we would only take that rate for a single traveler. I've been lucky with the State and various city people, they either had a credit card or came with a check from the municipality in hand.
See how much more to this business there is than people think???

Back