Grandma!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!! Best wishes to the parents and have fun being a Grammie again - you certainly do not look old enough to be a Grammie!

Congratulations!! Best wishes to the parents and have fun being a Grammie again - you certainly do not look old enough to be a Grammie!.
My mother doesn't look old enough to be a great-grammie!
I was a Granny at 38 and the one who gave me that designation will be 25 in Dec and is married but I hope they have a chance to learn to live together first since between her deployment and his, they have probably been in the same location at the same time for a period of a month or so at a time in the 14 months they have been married. His brother is 21 and in college. All is right with the world!

teeth_smile.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!! When is the baby due and where do they live?

no grandchildren here yet, but i don't know how our kids are getting to be old enough to have kids when we aren't old enough to have kids old enough to have kids. ?
wink_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!! When is the baby due and where do they live?.
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
teeth_smile.gif
OK, here's the thing...I got this as a voicemail, arrrgh! I called back as soon as I realized we'd had a call. She is not sure, sometime in May. Ouch! May is busy. I told her, "You let me know the minute you have a date nailed down or I won't see this kid until s/he's 5!" The first one they went back and forth on the due date, it kept getting shorter and shorter! She's like her mother, doesn't keep track of stuff so she doesn't actually know even sorta when it might be.
Last year we had the baby born in August that we couldn't go and see until Sept because she told us Sept and that's when I blocked off. (Diff daughter last year.)
They live in NY, near Swirt, so I need to know so I can reserve my cabin!

no grandchildren here yet, but i don't know how our kids are getting to be old enough to have kids when we aren't old enough to have kids old enough to have kids. ?
wink_smile.gif
seashanty said:
wink_smile.gif
Yeah, how THAT happened, I don't know!

teeth_smile.gif
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
teeth_smile.gif
OK, here's the thing...I got this as a voicemail, arrrgh! I called back as soon as I realized we'd had a call. She is not sure, sometime in May. Ouch! May is busy. I told her, "You let me know the minute you have a date nailed down or I won't see this kid until s/he's 5!" The first one they went back and forth on the due date, it kept getting shorter and shorter! She's like her mother, doesn't keep track of stuff so she doesn't actually know even sorta when it might be.
Last year we had the baby born in August that we couldn't go and see until Sept because she told us Sept and that's when I blocked off. (Diff daughter last year.)
Congratulations!!!
regular_smile.gif

Due dates are funny things, they seem to be pretty hit or miss.
They are only about 50 minutes away. I'd say you could stay in our extra bedroom if the cabins are full, but I just pulled the Queen bed out of there to make room for a much smaller bed like thing ;)

teeth_smile.gif
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
teeth_smile.gif
Congratulations!!!
regular_smile.gif

They are only about 50 minutes away. I'd say you could stay in our extra bedroom if the cabins are full, but I just pulled the Queen bed out of there to make room for a much smaller bed like thing ;)
swirt said:
Congratulations!!!
regular_smile.gif

The first one they knocked a whole month off the due date once they did the first ultrasound. No can do with this kinda business! I gotta know now when to block off! The second one was 10 days later than originally anticipated (good thing or he would have been born on his brother's b'day!)
Oops, didn't realize it was that far away...I think I'll go someplace closer to stay. (Any recommendations?) I'll be going back & forth a lot. Will definitely come by to visit tho!

teeth_smile.gif
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
teeth_smile.gif
Congratulations!!!
regular_smile.gif

swirt said:
Congratulations!!!
regular_smile.gif

The first one they knocked a whole month off the due date once they did the first ultrasound. No can do with this kinda business! I gotta know now when to block off! The second one was 10 days later than originally anticipated (good thing or he would have been born on his brother's b'day!)
Oops, didn't realize it was that far away...I think I'll go someplace closer to stay. (Any recommendations?) I'll be going back & forth a lot. Will definitely come by to visit tho!
Any of these would be very close.
http://www.stayfingerlakes.com/skaneateles.php
Unfortunately I have no personal experience with any of them
I have had guests stay here and say they enjoyed it http://www.mirbeau.com/ and this is a brand new one run by the same company http://fingerlakeslodging.com/

Bree I just looked at the recommended restaurants in that area from the links Swirt provided. Looks like some great dining up there!

Bree I just looked at the recommended restaurants in that area from the links Swirt provided. Looks like some great dining up there!.
My daughter suggested a couple of places. Not sure SHE will join us, new baby and all, but depending on how many days I am there, she recommeded a place called Rosalie's (not sure if that one showed up, I haven't clicked the link yet). She said the folks they bought their house from suggested that one as a 'celebration' restaurant. And, heck, I'll be celebrating! She said there's a Frecnch restaurant called JoElle's (could be Joie Elle for all I know, that's how bad my French is!) and I would like that, I think. I think she said Sweetwater Cafe is close to where she lives.
I may have to get over there before the baby comes, tho. I DO have to see the new house after all. I'll try a few places when I'm there. Probably not until Jan, tho.
Hey Swirt, do restaurants close in your neck of the woods in the winter or is it pretty much year-round? Sorry, I'm clueless about where she's living right now!

Bree I just looked at the recommended restaurants in that area from the links Swirt provided. Looks like some great dining up there!.
My daughter suggested a couple of places. Not sure SHE will join us, new baby and all, but depending on how many days I am there, she recommeded a place called Rosalie's (not sure if that one showed up, I haven't clicked the link yet). She said the folks they bought their house from suggested that one as a 'celebration' restaurant. And, heck, I'll be celebrating! She said there's a Frecnch restaurant called JoElle's (could be Joie Elle for all I know, that's how bad my French is!) and I would like that, I think. I think she said Sweetwater Cafe is close to where she lives.
I may have to get over there before the baby comes, tho. I DO have to see the new house after all. I'll try a few places when I'm there. Probably not until Jan, tho.
Hey Swirt, do restaurants close in your neck of the woods in the winter or is it pretty much year-round? Sorry, I'm clueless about where she's living right now!
Restaurants close to me close, but Skaneateles is much closer to the city of Syracuse so I think many more of the restaurants there make a year round go of it. It really is a cute little town with lots of well-to-do people. The town re-enacts Dickens' Christmas Carol
I like the Blue Water Grill for its location and Doug's Fish Fry. I've also had Dinner on the Judge Ben Wiles nice cruise and such. I've heard good things about the dining at the Sherwood Inn but never been there. Never been to the Krebs either but heard good things.

Restaurants close to me close, but Skaneateles is much closer to the city of Syracuse so I think many more of the restaurants there make a year round go of it. It really is a cute little town with lots of well-to-do people. The town re-enacts Dickens' Christmas Carol
I like the Blue Water Grill for its location and Doug's Fish Fry. I've also had Dinner on the Judge Ben Wiles nice cruise and such. I've heard good things about the dining at the Sherwood Inn but never been there. Never been to the Krebs either but heard good things.
S mentioned the Sherwood Inn. Thanks for the list. She still isn't totally familiar with the area, maybe I can surprise her with one she didn't know about. I keep telling the kids, 'You can run, but you can't hide.' They THINK they get far enough away from me...

Back