grease

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Reaction score
I went down to the room to service them. I started to clean the table and low and behold there was a big dark mark on my dinning room chair. It is material and I tried Folex but to no avail it did not come out.
Any one know what I could use. I think it may have been butter! Guest has not said a word. Of course! why would he!? the who dun it is not important but thee most important is does any one know what I could use to get this ugly spot out?

I have read that a brown paper bag like we used to get groceries in over the spot and then putting an iron on it briefly will be like a blotter and lift the grease out. Try it carefully.

Sometimes a good ol' dose of a petroleum based solvent like Mr. Clean or Lysol works best. If you use water to rinse the solvent out, make sure you use a hairdryer to dry the area or you will end up with a water mark on the fabric.

I have read that a brown paper bag like we used to get groceries in over the spot and then putting an iron on it briefly will be like a blotter and lift the grease out. Try it carefully..
gillumhouse said:
I have read that a brown paper bag like we used to get groceries in over the spot and then putting an iron on it briefly will be like a blotter and lift the grease out. Try it carefully.
This definitely works for candle wax, so it may work very well for grease also. Good idea.

I have read that a brown paper bag like we used to get groceries in over the spot and then putting an iron on it briefly will be like a blotter and lift the grease out. Try it carefully..
gillumhouse said:
This definitely works for candle wax, so it may work very well for grease also. Good idea.
Yikes! It WAS for wax. It may just put the grease deeper!!!

Was wondering If I used a solvent like alcohol . If it it would work? A bit scared to try iron on the fabric ?Kinda reminds me of a rayon / ? But if all else fails I will be trying you name it . Till some things works. Thank you all. I really need your help on this one.

Was wondering If I used a solvent like alcohol . If it it would work? A bit scared to try iron on the fabric ?Kinda reminds me of a rayon / ? But if all else fails I will be trying you name it . Till some things works. Thank you all. I really need your help on this one.
Try Dawn dishwashing detergent. It works well on grease.

I have just discovered a new product that has blown my socks off! I've been wanting to post it for everyone to share in the excitement. I have some B&B t-shirts that have had bacon grease stains on them for over a year - been washed weekly for over a year and never came out. Used this product ONE TIME and it was GONE! I proceeded to pull out anything & everything in my closet that had any kind of mark. ALL GONE! It's a Miracle product! Every single innkeeper needs to get this. I can't stress this enough!
Shout Advanced Grease Busting Foam
http://www.shoutitout.com/en-US/Products/Pages/shout-advanced-stain-lifting-foam.aspx

I would use a small amount of Dawn or other dishwashing liquid, or even shampoo, slightly wetted on the spot and a soft toothbrush to rub in, then, if you have a shop vac, get it out and find the smallest attachment. Rinse the spot by pouring a small amount of water from a squeeze bottle, and use the shop vac to vacuum up the water as you rinse. If needed, repeat. I've had good luck getting many stains out of upholstery with this method. The shop vac really sucks the water out, using it while you rinse prevents the water from getting further than you need into your fabric.
But you bet I'll be looking for some of Kay Nein's suggestion.

I have just discovered a new product that has blown my socks off! I've been wanting to post it for everyone to share in the excitement. I have some B&B t-shirts that have had bacon grease stains on them for over a year - been washed weekly for over a year and never came out. Used this product ONE TIME and it was GONE! I proceeded to pull out anything & everything in my closet that had any kind of mark. ALL GONE! It's a Miracle product! Every single innkeeper needs to get this. I can't stress this enough!
http://www.shoutitout.com/en-US/Products/Pages/shout-advanced-stain-lifting-foam.aspx.
hey K ay Nein
I will have to take a trip south hoping state of Washington carries it. Though I have manage to make my stain lighter. It has not remove it. Dawn did a wee but. Ironing did a small bit Booze helped a lot but now I am at the end. Thought to today I would just give up and except failure. YIKES!! I am shocked I even said that never mind thinking those word!!! now you have given me a glimmer of hope.Thanks K

http://www.shoutitout.com/en-US/Products/Pages/shout-advanced-stain-lifting-foam.aspx.
Thanks Kay Nein! This is an old product...I had totally forgotten about it because it was pushed to the back of the utility closet in the laundry room. But as I recall, it was great on grease stains. I'll tell you how old my can of Shout spray is. 19 oz is marked as $1.49. Thanks for reminding me about it. I'll give it a try the next time I have a tough grease stain.

Grease is the word.
1.165470.jpg

Every thime I see this thread title, the song starts in my head.

Back