Great Customer Service

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
You know the routine, you order something online, then realize the order is messed up, it didn't take the discount code or free shipping or something, so you call.
Then you sit in a queue with horrible music for 10+ minutes "all customer service reps are currently helping other callers..." You finally get through and press the right buttons and speak to someone who says they are not that department, even though you selected it on the phone. You get transferred, the call drops.
and so on and so on...you go round and round.
Is it worth the agony of calling? Never.
And so I ordered on Old Navy.com (for Christmas prezzies for my nieces), everything was correct at the time I clicked OKAY PROCESS ORDER. Now here is my email statement, and it is not correct.
I call...
I get 1 person after selecting "re my order" - in less than 30 seconds.
She helps me.
She fixes it right then and there.
Then she says for your trouble/inconvenience we are also marking it all down 10%, or we can send you a coupon?
"MY WORD, MARK IT DOWN, MARK IT DOWN!"
shades_smile.gif

and there it is, simple, good, clean customer service. BRAVO OLD NAVY.

We ordered parts online for a piece of equipment. They called us after the order was placed and asked us if we really needed everything we ordered as most people only needed one of the parts, not the whole kit. We said we needed just the one part but it wasn't obvious that the part was sold separately.
Holy cow! The guy cancelled all the extraneous stuff and just sent us the $10 part.
In case you need parts for small equipment - Small Engine Parts Warehouse http://www.smallenginepartswarehouse.com/

Love that! I had great customer service from Audible.com when I had trouble downloading a book on tape. The problem was solved in less than 1 minute and the woman helping me could not have been nicer.

Speaking of great customer service... another quirky guest!
He comes down to get coffee, he said "Apparently we eat and drink in shifts..." as he said hello to the guests at the table.
"My wife sent me down for some coffee..." and I mention we have a tray he can use to carry it back upstairs and he replies "Oh no, I would never use a tray, or she would think I am 'serving her' which is what she would really like!"
shades_smile.gif

Yes, once you serve them from a tray, they start expecting it every time :)

Back