Great idea -Bed side table power plug

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbid

Reaction score
Every now and then I find something that really improves a problem at our Inns. Most of my power outlets are behind furniture so guests have a hard time plugging in their phone chargers. I just bought 8 of these clocks from Wal Mart. The alarm clock has 2 power outlets and a usb charging port. They run about $24.00. No radio but they do have a Alarm Battery Backup. After 2 nights of use, I had 2 guests tell me they were handy and wanted to know where I got them.

I have surge protector power strips at the sides of all my beds plus a triple outlet with 2 usb ports in outlets near the nightstand or a dresser in each room. I also have "universal" chargers for usb in each room. Had an extra iPhone charger, but it appears to have gotten mixed in with a guest's belongings.

Thanks! I have one bedroom that could use this...it would be the perfect solution to all the cords!

Thanks for sharing. I think it is nifty, but could almost guarantee it wouldn't hold up.
Would be good for a person to bring along for travel though. When I was at my grandmother's I had to UNPLUG the alarm clock AND the lamp to use it for a charger, and used every other outlet in the room. I wish I had that with me!
teeth_smile.gif

Thanks for sharing. I think it is nifty, but could almost guarantee it wouldn't hold up.
Would be good for a person to bring along for travel though. When I was at my grandmother's I had to UNPLUG the alarm clock AND the lamp to use it for a charger, and used every other outlet in the room. I wish I had that with me!
teeth_smile.gif
JB, why do you think it would not hold up?

teeth_smile.gif
Silverspoon said:
Just thinking about what people do. Someone would plug a hair dryer or a hot iron into it and yank it around. With it being on a cord itself, vs a wall socket that is screwed into the wall/a the plate cover.
DH thinks it would hold up.

Replace the battery and sync with your computer. Desktop Software on your palm tells the record as it now is empty and data needs. Then just copy the apps apc battery backup from the SD card to the internal hard drive apc smart ups 1500 on your Palm Pilot .It will help you to make all your settings, data and applications without having to lose it all , if you replace the battery in the device .

Back