GREAT NEWS!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdwatcher

Reaction score
We got the job! Thanks for all the good vibes-we are soo excited! We wills start in November its in NJ and we got what we wanted except that we have to find a nice home ( we think we have family) for our 7 year old Ozzy-kittie, but you gotta do what you gotta do, it will be hard cause I've not lived without a pet in a long long time....:( but the job is worth it.

I think you'll like the change from Arkansas to NJ. It's a very interesting state from Philadelphia suburbs to NY suburbs to Pine Barrens to "The Shore". I saw a group of at least 10 deer grazing along the right-of-way of the Atlantic City Expressway at dusk. Totally unexpected to find forests in the middle of NJ!

WooHoo! And I was just thinking about you tonight and wondering! Know you are on cloud 9 and will start counting the days!

yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
riki.
Best of everything .You all deserve it, considering your last B&B experience
teeth_smile.gif
Mary

We gave our notice last monthy and have officially told owner that our last day is second week in Oct. Now she wants us to give her a website so that she can put an ad in it B&B Team, I am afraid however that she will call them relentlessly and think that they will be the ones hiring the new innkeeper. We are not sure on what we should do cause I don't want to be responsible for the instance of her expecting them to hire one for her.
She also wanted to know if it was a good idea to maybe lease the place to someone that would just come in and run the place and pay the bills. The problem is that there just isnt enough traffic here or occupancy to make any $$ and its a very depressed area although they are trying to bring it back its just not happening and will probably take another 10 years to do so.
Would love all suggestions as how to handle the situation, personally I think we should just tell her that we don't really want to be involved in the hiring process because we will tell them what a hard person she is to deal with and that my friends is the problem and I think its a conflict of interest.
We are so excited to go to NJ I may have to go just for a visit of the Inn this will give me a chance to go home too...

We gave our notice last monthy and have officially told owner that our last day is second week in Oct. Now she wants us to give her a website so that she can put an ad in it B&B Team, I am afraid however that she will call them relentlessly and think that they will be the ones hiring the new innkeeper. We are not sure on what we should do cause I don't want to be responsible for the instance of her expecting them to hire one for her.
She also wanted to know if it was a good idea to maybe lease the place to someone that would just come in and run the place and pay the bills. The problem is that there just isnt enough traffic here or occupancy to make any $$ and its a very depressed area although they are trying to bring it back its just not happening and will probably take another 10 years to do so.
Would love all suggestions as how to handle the situation, personally I think we should just tell her that we don't really want to be involved in the hiring process because we will tell them what a hard person she is to deal with and that my friends is the problem and I think its a conflict of interest.
We are so excited to go to NJ I may have to go just for a visit of the Inn this will give me a chance to go home too....
In this case, I would say, 'Do what she asks.' They will be happy to tell her they are not the ones doing the hiring. You no longer need to run interference. Tell her all the websites where she can place an innkeeper ad and let her do it. If she hired you, she can figure out how to hire someone else. If she asks you to do the hiring explain how she will be the one who has to direct them, so she should be the one to make sure the fit is correct.
Other than that, I don't see how you can advise her on how she should run her business.
Good luck in the new job!

Congrats BW!
Re current situation, you are employed til October? She is still your boss I think helping find someone else is in order.
On the LEASE THING, by ALL MEANS! Sheesh the only calls we get - for sale - are people with no money and no jobs who want to lease a B&B! They are out there let me tell you! Lease to own option especially!!

thanks thats what we will do...and the lease thing if they are out there then thats a great idea.

We are so excited to go to NJ I may have to go just for a visit of the Inn this will give me a chance to go home too....
Why would it be your responsibility to help her find your replacement? To tell her how and what to do in the future. She didn't listen to you in the past, why would she listen now?

Back