Greetings from India

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbz

Reaction score
Hello All,
I own a B&B homestay in the hill station of Shimla, in India. For 8 months, I have been searching for some forum to help me in this concept as it is totally new for me and i didn't know where to look for suggestions. I was directed to this site by a community manager of hostelmanagement site
The issues that i face will be totally unheard of by many of you i suppose, as they are relevant to Indian conditions per say. Moreover, infrastructural bottlenecks & non availability of resources make my job more tedious.
Nevertheless, i hope my search for a good B&B community ends here.
Regards,
Viper [Ok, this name doesn't suit the B&B theme, but i like it :)]

Greetings.
I too Googled your town. Beautiful. It is not at all what I think of when I think of India. Good luck to you. Maybe some of your stories will make ours pale in comparison. :)

welcome!
welcome.gif

even if your customs are different, there might be some parallels and it will be interesting and a learning experience for us ... i look forward to seeing your posts

Welcome! Its a pleasure to have all Innkeepers here at the forum no matter were your B & B is, might learn lots from you and if we have guests from your country we may just learn how to take care of them.
welcome.gif

Welcome! I'm sure some things will be completely different, but I bet some will be the same too!
RIki

Hello! Our son-in-law is from India, and we have learned so much about the people, culture, and food.....it's a wonderful country, and I hope to go there someday......maybe stay at your B&B
regular_smile.gif

Nice to meet you and welcome.
Thank you all for a warm welcome
regular_smile.gif

I won't go into the details of the place I run as of now though I must admit, after reading some forum topics here, I feel pretty much amused as a host.
Imagine a place wthout any rules & regulations with regard to policies , esp. Eco policy, without any direct to home delivery of products [mattresses, blankets etc.] or daily need items, without any service backup of electronics, without an option of online purchase or even availability of stuff, strip down the bedding options to bare minimum - blanket, mattress {only one choice}& one sheet & top it up with enquiry from guests who do not have any idea of concept of a homestay & everybody thinks it is a hotel... a place where, if you do not have room service or restaurant on-site, the accommodation is ignored altogether.... this is where I run a homestay of my own.
rolleyes.gif

Nice to meet you and welcome.
Thank you all for a warm welcome
regular_smile.gif

I won't go into the details of the place I run as of now though I must admit, after reading some forum topics here, I feel pretty much amused as a host.
Imagine a place wthout any rules & regulations with regard to policies , esp. Eco policy, without any direct to home delivery of products [mattresses, blankets etc.] or daily need items, without any service backup of electronics, without an option of online purchase or even availability of stuff, strip down the bedding options to bare minimum - blanket, mattress {only one choice}& one sheet & top it up with enquiry from guests who do not have any idea of concept of a homestay & everybody thinks it is a hotel... a place where, if you do not have room service or restaurant on-site, the accommodation is ignored altogether.... this is where I run a homestay of my own.
rolleyes.gif

We are all different and that is what makes us interesting and interested.
Oops, forgot to say, Welcome.

Back