Quantcast

Grey Swan Inn in Blackstone, Va., provides B&B service with humor

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

JBloggs

Reaction score
"Breakfast the next morning reaffirmed my preference for B&Bs. A lover of spartan continental breakfasts I am not."
Grey Swan Inn in Blackstone, Va., provides B&B service with humor
Washington Post
Not the Grey Swan Inn, a bed-and-breakfast in Blackstone, Va., constructed as a family home in 1902 by a prominent tobacco seller. ...

JB says: WAY TO GO INNMATES! I have been to this awesome B&B and can agree the setting, the porch, the breakfasts and the innkeepers are top rate!!

EmptyNest

Reaction score
WOW...an entire story on the inn..that is wonderful!!!

muirford

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Congratulations, inn-mate. I added the story to my facebook page.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Total Congrats! Send this article to the b-i-l, Jim!

greyswan

Reaction score
thanks, innmates!! it was a good article.... the wasps in the room mortified me!! Had I been thinking I could have just sucked them up in the vacuum cleaner - I don't think well on my feet sometimes! the the note about the comforter - ouch!! Isn't it funny how our eyes go to the critiques? It was a fair and very real article! As soon as I found out she was a writer, we googled her (while she was eating breakfast) and then we found out she wrote for the Wash Post.... OMG - the pressure was on and she was about to leave!!! :) We took a chill pill and just carried on!

JBloggs

Reaction score
I didn't even see those things! I am back to reread, see most of us SKIM. I read the good bits, then the more info part with your website etc.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Ahh I just read it, and now I remember thinking that was really cool! See it didn't bother me as I read it, I liked it!

greyswan

Reaction score
I was being over-sensitive - thanks for your input!

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
thanks, innmates!! it was a good article.... the wasps in the room mortified me!! Had I been thinking I could have just sucked them up in the vacuum cleaner - I don't think well on my feet sometimes! the the note about the comforter - ouch!! Isn't it funny how our eyes go to the critiques? It was a fair and very real article! As soon as I found out she was a writer, we googled her (while she was eating breakfast) and then we found out she wrote for the Wash Post.... OMG - the pressure was on and she was about to leave!!! :) We took a chill pill and just carried on!.
I hope the article makes the phone ring! I'm not too happy with the tone, tho. A bit too flip and a lot of back-handed compliments that could go either way. (I am just reading the article now.)

greyswan

Reaction score
that's too bad, Morticia..... I'm still waiting for the phone to start ringing off the wall! :)

JBloggs

Reaction score
Did you post it on FB? The more the merrier to get your article out. I tweeted it and retweeted it which also goes to my linkedin profile too. WA Post is perfect for your location. :)