Grey Swan Inn in Blackstone, Va., provides B&B service with humor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
"Breakfast the next morning reaffirmed my preference for B&Bs. A lover of spartan continental breakfasts I am not."
Grey Swan Inn in Blackstone, Va., provides B&B service with humor
Washington Post
Not the Grey Swan Inn, a bed-and-breakfast in Blackstone, Va., constructed as a family home in 1902 by a prominent tobacco seller. ...

JB says: WAY TO GO INNMATES! I have been to this awesome B&B and can agree the setting, the porch, the breakfasts and the innkeepers are top rate!!

cheers.gif

Congratulations, inn-mate. I added the story to my facebook page.

thanks, innmates!! it was a good article.... the wasps in the room mortified me!! Had I been thinking I could have just sucked them up in the vacuum cleaner - I don't think well on my feet sometimes! the the note about the comforter - ouch!! Isn't it funny how our eyes go to the critiques? It was a fair and very real article! As soon as I found out she was a writer, we googled her (while she was eating breakfast) and then we found out she wrote for the Wash Post.... OMG - the pressure was on and she was about to leave!!! :) We took a chill pill and just carried on!

I didn't even see those things! I am back to reread, see most of us SKIM. I read the good bits, then the more info part with your website etc.
cheers.gif

Ahh I just read it, and now I remember thinking that was really cool! See it didn't bother me as I read it, I liked it!

thanks, innmates!! it was a good article.... the wasps in the room mortified me!! Had I been thinking I could have just sucked them up in the vacuum cleaner - I don't think well on my feet sometimes! the the note about the comforter - ouch!! Isn't it funny how our eyes go to the critiques? It was a fair and very real article! As soon as I found out she was a writer, we googled her (while she was eating breakfast) and then we found out she wrote for the Wash Post.... OMG - the pressure was on and she was about to leave!!! :) We took a chill pill and just carried on!.
I hope the article makes the phone ring! I'm not too happy with the tone, tho. A bit too flip and a lot of back-handed compliments that could go either way. (I am just reading the article now.)

that's too bad, Morticia..... I'm still waiting for the phone to start ringing off the wall! :)

Did you post it on FB? The more the merrier to get your article out. I tweeted it and retweeted it which also goes to my linkedin profile too. WA Post is perfect for your location. :)

Back