Groom updates Facebook status at altar

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[tr]Groom updates Facebook status at altar[/td][/tr][/table]A groom interrupted his own wedding to get his phone out at the altar to update his relationship status on Facebook and Twitter.
1551036.jpg

He whipped out his mobile immediately after the minister pronounced the couple man and wife, reports The Sun.
The audience then burst out laughing as the minister, who was in on the stunt, tells them the groom is updating his relationship status.
He also Tweeted: "Standing at the altar with TracyPage where just a second ago, she became my wife! Gotta go, time to kiss my bride."
He then hands his new wife her phone so she can update her Facebook status from "in a relationship" to "married".
A clip of the stunt has been posted on YouTube where it has become an internet hit with nearly 180,000 viewers to date.
On YouTube, the un-named groom says: "This was just done to be funny - we really don't Facebook THAT often:).
"I have a lot of family scattered around the country and we all use Facebook a lot to keep in touch. So when Tracy and I were engaged, most of my family found out via Facebook because we updated our statuses.
"I surprised not only my guests, but also Tracy by pulling out my phone and posting on Facebook and Twitter from the altar during our wedding.
"I had her phone ready in my pocket, so when she asked for it I could hand it to her. No one knew about this except the minister, and myself."

Scarry..everything is a stunt these days for 5 minutes of fame. Next will come the tweeting bank robber, all caught on film of course. ;)
Heard the story on the news this morning of the couple that got stuck in the snow while trying to pick out a Christmas tree.... and instead of enjoying the story, the first thought that pops in my head was .... I bet they did this to get on the news....I'm sure they will be appearing on a few morning programs within the next few days.

You know, "Picture this" he goes to tweet at the alter and she kicks his butt right off of it and tears up the marriage certificate. Now THAT would be news. THE MORON! MARRIAGE IS JUST A JOKE TODAY. I went to a concert last night Paul Thorn and he asked how many of you are married and majority raised their hands. He said sadly this time next year HALF of you will not be sitting with her/him.

Scarry..everything is a stunt these days for 5 minutes of fame. Next will come the tweeting bank robber, all caught on film of course. ;)
Heard the story on the news this morning of the couple that got stuck in the snow while trying to pick out a Christmas tree.... and instead of enjoying the story, the first thought that pops in my head was .... I bet they did this to get on the news....I'm sure they will be appearing on a few morning programs within the next few days..
Yes it is a sad state of what our society is quickly becoming:-( Heck the gate crashers are getting more than their 15 min. of fame and I for one am sick and tired of it already..especially since I know them and they will be getting in deeper do do...as the days progress. I am sure they will be regretting this for the rest of their lives...at least I hope so!

Is nothing sacred. Again I say it.
The reason I posted it on the forum was due to our past discussions on guests who tweet or conf-call at the breakfast table and we get irritated. I just wanted to say - we needn't feel bad, look at this!
So I guess they need to have a "No cell phone, no tweeting, no facebook updates during marriage ceremonies" on the wall there at that church. This won't be the last...

The reason I posted it on the forum was due to our past discussions on guests who tweet or conf-call at the breakfast table and we get irritated. I just wanted to say - we needn't feel bad, look at this!
So I guess they need to have a "No cell phone, no tweeting, no facebook updates during marriage ceremonies" on the wall there at that church. This won't be the last....
No, nothing is sacred. Like the 'guests' at my cousin's wedding who stopped in to the church between kids' soccer practice and grocery shopping. Kids looked like a biker gang with leather jackets & jeans (around 10 years old) and the mothers had on SWEATSUITS.
My cousin has been married for 7 years now and that still irks me. No respect.

they are obviously hoping their video will go viral. yup, then they will get a spot on the today show. i think it's cute, it does not bother me, i'm sure she agreed to it.
at least it was AFTER the vows.
'stunt' weddings have been around a long time ... if we are going to talk about sacred, i am more bothered by the goofs of my generation (think 30 years ago) who got married under water, skydiving, rollerskating, bicycling. do you remember? silly.

they are obviously hoping their video will go viral. yup, then they will get a spot on the today show. i think it's cute, it does not bother me, i'm sure she agreed to it.
at least it was AFTER the vows.
'stunt' weddings have been around a long time ... if we are going to talk about sacred, i am more bothered by the goofs of my generation (think 30 years ago) who got married under water, skydiving, rollerskating, bicycling. do you remember? silly..
I think the story says she didn't know. Just the pastor. Would have served him right if she had updated her FB page right then and there to say 'Single'.

nah, he's a goof and she knows it. the minister ok'd it so they're all on the same page. she just doesn't seem very surprised. but, okay, if she says she didn't know ..........
anyway ...
you'll see them on tv soon.

I think people should have the kind of wedding they want. When D. and I got married, our engagement and wedding were unconventional to say the least, but we could not be happier.
This kind of wedding (or the dancing one posted on another thread) show a pretty deep understanding and appreciation of each other, not to mention a sense of humor....all things that make a successful relationship.
Who's business is it anyway what kind of wedding they have?

You know, "Picture this" he goes to tweet at the alter and she kicks his butt right off of it and tears up the marriage certificate. Now THAT would be news. THE MORON! MARRIAGE IS JUST A JOKE TODAY. I went to a concert last night Paul Thorn and he asked how many of you are married and majority raised their hands. He said sadly this time next year HALF of you will not be sitting with her/him..
Joey Bloggs said:
You know, "Picture this" he goes to tweet at the alter and she kicks his butt right off of it and tears up the marriage certificate. Now THAT would be news. THE MORON!
To me, the big surprise is not that there is a moron out there to do something so utterly disrespectful to his bride and guests. The big surprise is that she didn't do just what you say here: kick his butt right off that altar.

Even scarier is that some of us, me included, are showing our age I guess because this seems to be standard stuff for lots of the younger crowd.
sad_smile.gif

So I guess they need to have a "No cell phone, no tweeting, no facebook updates during marriage ceremonies" on the wall there at that church. This won't be the last....
They only got honorable mention on the Today show, no interview.

I belong to the younger crowd (sub-30) and I find this absolutely repulsive. What a total scumbag. I'd give this marriage a whopping 6 months lifespan before she kicks him out to the curb.

I thought it was pretty funny...I think it's definitely a generational thing. Blackberry are so ubiquitous now and people are forever Tweeting this or FB'ing that...I think she doesn't seem surprised because this kind of stunt is probably pretty typical of his sense of humor, which she must appreciate if she is marrying him.
Maybe it's not a lack of respect, just a sense of fun and light-heartedness on a very happy day.

I'm in my mid 40s and I didn't find it amusing, not one bit. I think people are way too connected to their wireless devices today.
There was a lesson learned one night at my dinner table. I had spent over an hour preparing a really nice dinner for my friend, Ed. As soon as the meal was plated and I took it to the table and sat down with him to eat, his phone rang. He actually answered the call and then sat there for a half an hour yakking on the phone with a friend while eating dinner. I was so angry that I could not even eat. At the 25 minute mark, I got up, tossed what was on my plate, threw out the leftovers and did the dishes. It was then that he finally got off the phone and I was so mad by that point that I could have clubbed him to death with a skillet. As you can imagine, when I finally unloaded my anger, he had learned a lesson. Needless to say, there are no cell phones at our dinner table anymore. And I still haven't replaced the wooden spoons I broke that evening.
Even to this day, when we are at the table and his phone rings from another room, he still gets the evil eye from me that just silently screams, "Don't even think about ..."

Back