Grr

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
Red Hair Dye. On my new white towels. Am I am going to charge them, absolutely, this was intentional, not an accident

I would charge anyway cos they didn't know that! I Mean who goes on holiday and then dyes their hair!

I would charge anyway cos they didn't know that! I Mean who goes on holiday and then dyes their hair!.
I mean who goes on holiday and then dyes their hair!
Exactly my thought! The only thing I can think of is someone checking into a hotel, cutting hair, dying it, in an effort to run away from something, perhaps the law. Or a parent taking a child on the run from another parent - you know...like you see in movies. :)

Ok I am AMAZED that bleach got it out!!!.
Well that's great..you got it in time. People just do not respect other's property! They think because they are paying you for the room it entitles them to do anything the darn well please.

I would charge anyway cos they didn't know that! I Mean who goes on holiday and then dyes their hair!.
Exactly my thought! The only thing I can think of is someone checking into a hotel, cutting hair, dying it, in an effort to run away from something, perhaps the law. Or a parent taking a child on the run from another parent - you know...like you see in movies. :)
Sanctuary in Miami said:
For many people it is not a once a year dye it is a weekly maintenance, so they do it often, and they do it at a hotel or a B&B. It is not that unusual, and even worse are the - not so popular now - hair products like shampoos used to BOOST color.
Playing a game last night with an innmate here and our kids had a question about LEMON and were astonished to find out that people put lemon in there hair! WHY? They asked. I had to laugh, I think it has been a long time maybe since that was the fad, lemon in your air before laying out in the sun.

I don't care if they want to dye their hair in my rooms, but PLEASE ask for an old or a colored towel ....

this towel problem has been discussed before.
I'm wondering.....is it at all possible knowing ahead of time if a guest will do this?
Not saying asking during the reservation and confirmation process.....rather, a probability at check in....You look at certain individuals and you can pretty much guess ?
This would be a learned type of thing over time....with my own thing I can pretty much assess customers going in and over a short time.

I'm wondering.....is it at all possible knowing ahead of time if a guest will do this?
Not saying asking during the reservation and confirmation process.....rather, a probability at check in....You look at certain individuals and you can pretty much guess ?
This would be a learned type of thing over time....with my own thing I can pretty much assess customers going in and over a short time..
A gut feeling is all I can say. No particular type or age group. One guy who asked where the nearest bar was when he checked in turned out to be a peach compared with his friend who got into a fight and ended up in the ER.

I would charge anyway cos they didn't know that! I Mean who goes on holiday and then dyes their hair!
We had a couple here for their anniversary. He sat downstairs (alone), watched the races, and chatted us up. She stayed upstairs and dyed her hair....red...using our white towels. IDK. Maybe if my DH spent our anniversary watching the races and talking with strangers, I'd dye my hair too...but I wouln't ruin someone's towels. Mmm....I prolly wouldn't pack the dye in the first place...

We had a couple here for their anniversary. He sat downstairs (alone), watched the races, and chatted us up. She stayed upstairs and dyed her hair....red...using our white towels. IDK. Maybe if my DH spent our anniversary watching the races and talking with strangers, I'd dye my hair too...but I wouln't ruin someone's towels. Mmm....I prolly wouldn't pack the dye in the first place...
Maybe she was planning on dressing up as a French maid and "surprising" him when he came upstairs???
shrug2.gif

This would be a learned type of thing over time....with my own thing I can pretty much assess customers going in and over a short time..
Maybe we should add something to the registration form that they can fill out when checking in? "Are you planning to do any of the following during your stay: 1) Dye your hair or use dye infused hair care products, 2) Use acne medication, 3) Other things that potentially will damage our towels/linens? If so, please ask for lower quality linens." J/K.... hahaha....

I think they like to do all those 'little extra' things while they're on holiday that they don't get the time to do during their everyday routines. You know...clean out their hairbrush(es), trim their toenails, floss, clean off all of the dried toothpaste from the cap...
wow.gif

I think they like to do all those 'little extra' things while they're on holiday that they don't get the time to do during their everyday routines. You know...clean out their hairbrush(es), trim their toenails, floss, clean off all of the dried toothpaste from the cap...
wow.gif
Aussie Innkeeper said:
wow.gif
You've got it there. Amazing what we find in the rooms that seem like they would be really 'personal' things to be taken care of at home.

What I hate is that I've become conditioned to cleaning up strangers body fluids, clippings etc.
tounge_smile.gif

You really have to have a strong stomach for bathroom cleanup sometimes.

What I hate is that I've become conditioned to cleaning up strangers body fluids, clippings etc.
tounge_smile.gif

You really have to have a strong stomach for bathroom cleanup sometimes..
I'll bet we all have stronger than usual stomachs. Note that a lot of nurses are also innkeepers, retired or part time. Those are strong, all way round.

I can deal with poo, wee, vomit but spit makes me gag weird isn't it?

tounge_smile.gif

You really have to have a strong stomach for bathroom cleanup sometimes..
I'll bet we all have stronger than usual stomachs. Note that a lot of nurses are also innkeepers, retired or part time. Those are strong, all way round.
barf.gif
We nurses do have strong stomachs....but there are limits sometimes.

Ditto here camber-my youngest son has that terrible habit that he will just turn his head and do the "spit" thing, i hit him every time gagging-moms are pretty good ad innkeeping to-had to deal with or dealing with -tamper tantrums, poo, pee, stupid decisions, not thinking of consequenses- NOT CARING and the list goes on....
And lets not foreget about the AMAZING POWER OF BLEACH-
Found something on a website long ago with a powerful stain removing formula
Very Hot Water in wash machine or sink
put clothes in washer or sink
1 cup dishwashing detergent (powdered)-if full or lots of stained stuff
1 cup of either bleach if white or color bleach if color-same as above
make washer swish around to distribute formula
let soak overnight. Next day wash as normal with a little detergent, if you want you can put an extra rinse to it or wash twice. It works pretty good on most all stains.

Back