Grumble, grumble

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to suggest this, because a lot of people consider this a phase, and not a real problem...but have you considered that you may be sensitive to gluten? It has been proven to cause inflammation. Maybe that's what is causing the aches and pains?.
Never! ;-)
Seriously? Doesn't even cause a tremor. Pizza is my friend. Pasta makes me happy. Even toast at night with nothing else in my stomach is fine.
You know what causes grief? Bacon. Chocolate (the real stuff). Hot drinks. Cold drinks (smoothies). Fizzy drinks. Water (yes, plain old room temp water). Alcohol (but not all alcohol). Exercise. Stress. Nuts (could be the salt, I haven't tested that yet). Yogurt (altho it used to make me feel better ). The jury is still out on oj. A couple of weeks ago I said it was fine, now I've given it up on an empty stomach.
Altho, I can happily and safely drink a chocolate milk shake. Does that mean the milk coats my stomach? Who knows.
I've tried eating ginger. Helped for awhile and then didn't help. Tried eating a little something at night like we used to do with the dog to settle her stomach overnight.
Any other suggestions?
BTW, the Dr is calling this esophageal spasms. Cause unknown.
How were you when you were on vacation? If your spasms are stress related it might take some really significant relaxed time for them to abate. Why not plan another nice long vacation to someplace far away where you can leave your troubles behind?
wink_smile.gif

Really bad the first few days. Worst plane ride ever because I had to sit for so long. I ended up missing one whole morning with my son because it was so bad. And then it got a whole lot better. Then it got worse again the last few days.
That's why I think it's stress.
But I can't vacation forever. So I have to learn to deal with it.

I hate to suggest this, because a lot of people consider this a phase, and not a real problem...but have you considered that you may be sensitive to gluten? It has been proven to cause inflammation. Maybe that's what is causing the aches and pains?.
Never! ;-)
Seriously? Doesn't even cause a tremor. Pizza is my friend. Pasta makes me happy. Even toast at night with nothing else in my stomach is fine.
You know what causes grief? Bacon. Chocolate (the real stuff). Hot drinks. Cold drinks (smoothies). Fizzy drinks. Water (yes, plain old room temp water). Alcohol (but not all alcohol). Exercise. Stress. Nuts (could be the salt, I haven't tested that yet). Yogurt (altho it used to make me feel better ). The jury is still out on oj. A couple of weeks ago I said it was fine, now I've given it up on an empty stomach.
Altho, I can happily and safely drink a chocolate milk shake. Does that mean the milk coats my stomach? Who knows.
I've tried eating ginger. Helped for awhile and then didn't help. Tried eating a little something at night like we used to do with the dog to settle her stomach overnight.
Any other suggestions?
have you ever checked into N. A.E. T S. ? Able to detect allergies , pain issues..etc and with use of acupuncture and other can eliminate. I have see it do wonders for people. And you actually have a practitioner not too far from you.

Never! ;-)
Any other suggestions?
How were you when you were on vacation? If your spasms are stress related it might take some really significant relaxed time for them to abate. Why not plan another nice long vacation to someplace far away where you can leave your troubles behind?
wink_smile.gif

Really bad the first few days. Worst plane ride ever because I had to sit for so long. I ended up missing one whole morning with my son because it was so bad. And then it got a whole lot better. Then it got worse again the last few days.
That's why I think it's stress.
But I can't vacation forever. So I have to learn to deal with it.
Yes, vacations can be really stressful :-( once you relaxed, it got better then you had to deal with issues of leaving and going back to the everyday stuff. Stress sounds like a really big issue.

Never! ;-)
Any other suggestions?
have you ever checked into N. A.E. T S. ? Able to detect allergies , pain issues..etc and with use of acupuncture and other can eliminate. I have see it do wonders for people. And you actually have a practitioner not too far from you.
Thanks. Will look into this. Willing to try a lot of non invasive stuff at this point.

Never! ;-)
Any other suggestions?
Madeleine said:
Never! ;-)
Any other suggestions?

Sounds like GERD- my daughter was diagnosed with it a few years ago. Not so much the 'what' that you are eating, but the 'how' that your body is processing it. Too much of a production of the acid in her stomach.
It wasn't all the food all the time. It wasn't always the same food all the time. Stress factored into it, too. But she went on a VERY intense whole food intake (I hate the word diet) and after 4 weeks or so, she started consistently feeling much better. She'd been feeling ill for years (at the time, she was 14).
She's off the whole food intake now and is just very careful of what she eats. She's got a great mindset about it- she's not scared of food or frightened of it, she's just aware of it. And she also knows that the healthier she eats, the healthier she feels and the healthier she is.
Sounds like common sense to me :)

Never! ;-)
Any other suggestions?
EmptyNest said:
Acupuncture is my best friend!

Never! ;-)
Any other suggestions?
EmptyNest said:
Copperhead said:
EmptyNest said:
I agree!!! I look like a pin cushion at least once a month :)

Back