Guess the price of this breakfast?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
A restaurant two blocks from DH work has brunch on Sundays. It is very popular, everyone loves breakfast...the restaurant is a pub/pizza and burgers and dogs. (So it is not a "fancy" place and as you can see the breakfast is standard drill, not gourmet)
Guess how much for this meal they shared on FB this morning? We will add coffee and OJ to it afterward to get a grand total. For now, it is JUST WHAT is pictured below $:
Waffle%20bacon.jpg

Pretty small waffle, and not a lot of bacon. In my town, at least, that would be about $4.50 before you add any drinks or tip.

$8.95, because idiots must spend this much on breakfast.

I came in late but I honestly was about to say $12.95. I have never seen a buffet that was priced per item. Wow!!
Next Saturday the Historical Association will be at Jimmy's for a breakfast buffet. The price is what his breakfast buffet usually is (when he does one) - no special deal for the group - $8.95 + 6% tax. There will be scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, juice, coffee.

They replied:
"5.95 for the waffle 2.99 for a 4 piece side of bacon"
That is $8.94 Suguh Bear wins!
Now for the rest of the equation as it would be if YOU ate there (the brunch is ala carte like it was shown for pricing):
5.95 waffle
2.99 side of bacon
1.95 coffee
2.45 OJ
13.34 (this is without any eggs) - tax is 5% sales and 5% meals tax (10%) 1.33 = $14.67 + you must tip the server 15% = $2.20 (which is low for breakfast, since they refill the coffee many times, you usually round up to $2.50 or $3.00 generally) = 14.67+2.50=$17.17 PER PERSON.
You saw what you get plus coffee and oj for $17.17 per person.
There are FOUR in our family = $68.68 for breakfast (and not much of it).
TELL ME AGAIN WHAT A WONDERFUL SPECTACULAR DEAL YOU GET WHEN YOU STAY AT A B&B!
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

I came in late but I honestly was about to say $12.95. I have never seen a buffet that was priced per item. Wow!!
Next Saturday the Historical Association will be at Jimmy's for a breakfast buffet. The price is what his breakfast buffet usually is (when he does one) - no special deal for the group - $8.95 + 6% tax. There will be scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, juice, coffee..
gillumhouse said:
Next Saturday the Historical Association will be at Jimmy's for a breakfast buffet. The price is what his breakfast buffet usually is (when he does one) - no special deal for the group - $8.95 + 6% tax. There will be scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, juice, coffee.
It is not a buffet. It is alacarte.
Yes you can't beat a buffet on breakfast prices for kids especially!

Next Saturday the Historical Association will be at Jimmy's for a breakfast buffet. The price is what his breakfast buffet usually is (when he does one) - no special deal for the group - $8.95 + 6% tax. There will be scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, juice, coffee..
gillumhouse said:
It is not a buffet. It is alacarte.
Yes you can't beat a buffet on breakfast prices for kids especially!
They do not do a la carte here - buffet or menu. I am still shell-shocked by the price!

They replied:
"5.95 for the waffle 2.99 for a 4 piece side of bacon"
That is $8.94 Suguh Bear wins!
Now for the rest of the equation as it would be if YOU ate there (the brunch is ala carte like it was shown for pricing):
5.95 waffle
2.99 side of bacon
1.95 coffee
2.45 OJ
13.34 (this is without any eggs) - tax is 5% sales and 5% meals tax (10%) 1.33 = $14.67 + you must tip the server 15% = $2.20 (which is low for breakfast, since they refill the coffee many times, you usually round up to $2.50 or $3.00 generally) = 14.67+2.50=$17.17 PER PERSON.
You saw what you get plus coffee and oj for $17.17 per person.
There are FOUR in our family = $68.68 for breakfast (and not much of it).
TELL ME AGAIN WHAT A WONDERFUL SPECTACULAR DEAL YOU GET WHEN YOU STAY AT A B&B!
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
....That is $8.94 Suguh Bear wins!...
What did I win? Did I win a free stay at the B&B of my choice?
I'm starting to wonder if I should actually open my doors for breakfast at these prices!

Back