Guest Complaints

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domsmom

Reaction score
If this was posted previously, my apologies for resubmitting. It is just too good to not pass around.

From Thomas Cook Holidays - listing some of the guest's complaints during the season.
1. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
2. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned."
3. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."
5. A tourist at a top African game lodge over looking a water hole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel "inadequate".
6. A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she'd been locked in by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the "do not disturb" sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.
7. "The beach was too sandy."
8. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."
9. A guest at a Novotel in Australia complained his soup was too thick and strong. He was inadvertently slurping the gravy at the time.
10. "Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."
11. "We bought' Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five Euros (=A33.50) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake."
12. "No one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."
13. "There was no egg slicer in the apartment."
14. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
15. "The roads were uneven."
16. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It only took the Americans three hours to get home."
17. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."
18. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying here?"
19. "There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners."
20. "We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."
21. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
22. "I was bitten by a mosquito. No one said they could bite."
23. "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."
Found in my in-box. Author unknown to me.

Love it all.... here's another one ....Guest gets locked in the Cottage (lock malfunction), crawls out the kitchen window over the sink with its high faucet on to the deck, comes to the front of the B&B (sign on door" use side entrance") rings the bell, wakes other guest up and I. Tells me about his tale of bad luck in an excited voice and I ask" why didnt you use the land line phone in the Cottage with my tele # there or your cell phone ? " I get a very BLANK LOOK ..... : ) Mary in Bwater

Love it all.... here's another one ....Guest gets locked in the Cottage (lock malfunction), crawls out the kitchen window over the sink with its high faucet on to the deck, comes to the front of the B&B (sign on door" use side entrance") rings the bell, wakes other guest up and I. Tells me about his tale of bad luck in an excited voice and I ask" why didnt you use the land line phone in the Cottage with my tele # there or your cell phone ? " I get a very BLANK LOOK ..... : ) Mary in Bwater.
Good One Mary!
A friend who works at the Omni in my city told me of a guest (older woman) who refused to stay because they did not offer an adult movie channel.
I've had a variety of "complaints" due to expectations that I can't possibly meet at a moments notice. A fitness center or more channels on a tv.

Those were great!
Here's my true story contribution:
Yesterday on check-out a couple says to me that the husband couldn't take a shower/bath because they couldn't get cold water out of the faucet. Says it worked fine for the wife. I went into their room, turned the handle on the cold water and out it poured. The husband was trying to turn the handle in the wrong direction and failed to turn it to the right instead of the left!

Had a woman call from her room as she said she could not find the right door to get out as the one she could not open. There are 3 doors in her room 1)bathroom 2) closet 3)entry/exit
When I came up and opened the door to her room there she sat
whattha.gif
at me opening the door... We had placed a note to 'please keep this door closed' after having some leave the door open & letting bugs in (we are in the south)
Most people do not read, the ones that shouldn't - do!!!
cry_smile.gif

The ones I can't stand the most are when the guests complain there's nothing to do here or that they couldn't do what they planned because of the weather.

A friend of mines B&B had a complaint because she happened to have a wardrobe delivered at the same time he was checking in and "he had to look at it" unquote! and we all know what its like trying to pin delivery men to a time you would have better luck herding cats!

Back