Guest differences

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Not sure I mentioned this before but we had a guest who booked online showing 2 guests, 1 of them a child. Showed up with 3 guests, 1 of them a child. Gave Gomez grief about how the confirm showed $x and they SAID there was a kid. And kids under 5 are free, yadda, yadda. Were rude in other ways so are now on the DNB list, not that they will ever return.
Guest arriving today confirmed with us the additional fee for '3rd guest in room' (this is a baby, so we didn't charge), brought a thermos of hot water in case there was no way to heat water, brought a little cooler in case there wasn't a fridge -all for the baby's cereal. They changed the baby outside and took the diaper away, they didn't expect us to stink up the house with it.
Both sets of guests are roughly the same age. One seems like they will be pleasant to have around the other was like a rash you're waiting to clear up.

Thank goodness for the second set. When did people stop having a clue in general? I'm now convinced that B&B visitors are just plain NEEDY, in the average. When we get the self-sufficient type it's so refreshing.

Thank goodness for the second set. When did people stop having a clue in general? I'm now convinced that B&B visitors are just plain NEEDY, in the average. When we get the self-sufficient type it's so refreshing..
Of course the whole thing does imply they also didn't read that we HAVE all the things they came prepared to do without. But, better self-sufficient than whiney that we don't have everything they left at home.

Thank goodness for the second set. When did people stop having a clue in general? I'm now convinced that B&B visitors are just plain NEEDY, in the average. When we get the self-sufficient type it's so refreshing..
Of course the whole thing does imply they also didn't read that we HAVE all the things they came prepared to do without. But, better self-sufficient than whiney that we don't have everything they left at home.
Morticia said:
Well, that OR they are traveling elsewhere and wanted to have that stuff for on the road, etc.
Last weekend we had a lot of repeat guests and when I would come out in the mornings all the lights would be turned off, dirty glasses/mugs would be stacked neatly on the tray in the dining room, no trash, etc. This weekend we have complete slobs. Dirty wine glasses left in the living room stuffed with dirty napkins and other trash, every light in the house on, stacks of Hershey's Kisses wrappers all over the living room. PITA's.

Non-PITAs are nice to have. Reminds you of why you do this..
gillumhouse said:
Non-PITAs are nice to have. Reminds you of why you do this.
You know what they say about having a wonderful summer? That winter will be long and hard?
Yeah, good guests only encourage the PITAs to show up in force. Or, to not show up at all. Not call. Nothing.
One group has been unable to figure out how to get their stuff off the counter so anyone else can get at the coffee machine. And they've been at it since noon. Trying to get in early then being insulting when they couldn't. Then being clueless when they did check-in. Then being slobs. Then ignoring the 'keep out' sign on the kitchen.
The couple with the kid were really nice, tho.

gillumhouse said:
You know what they say about having a wonderful summer? That winter will be long and hard?
Yeah, good guests only encourage the PITAs to show up in force. Or, to not show up at all. Not call. Nothing.
One group has been unable to figure out how to get their stuff off the counter so anyone else can get at the coffee machine. And they've been at it since noon. Trying to get in early then being insulting when they couldn't. Then being clueless when they did check-in. Then being slobs. Then ignoring the 'keep out' sign on the kitchen.
4 more weeks and I get a day off.

gillumhouse said:
4 more weeks and I get a day off.
NO ONE works the hours we do. I hope the next 4 weeks are full of gracious and interesting guests, and then you have some relaxing time off!

gillumhouse said:
Morticia said:
gillumhouse said:
I've never heard this but I LIKE it! So we've banked all these spring/summer/fall PITA points and that will give us a great winter??? Wish I'd done this earlier...
tounge_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
Morticia said:
gillumhouse said:
I've never heard this but I LIKE it! So we've banked all these spring/summer/fall PITA points and that will give us a great winter??? Wish I'd done this earlier...
tounge_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
tounge_smile.gif
Love it- banking PITA points.

gillumhouse said:
Morticia said:
gillumhouse said:
tounge_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
tounge_smile.gif
Morticia said:
Don Draper said:
tounge_smile.gif
It would be better if we could buy in to PITA stock. It's only going to go up.

Back