Guest Evaluation Forms

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh

Reaction score
How many of you do Guest Evaluation Forms and leave them in the Guest Rooms for Feedback. I am looking at designing one and wandering what to ask? or say?
Should I just ask them to feel them out or just leave them like a "commment card"
I stayed at 2 B&Bs in Vancouver BC recently and they had them in there rooms, also one asked if they could email me a link to tripadvisor.com and Bedandbreakfast.com to feel out a review> Is that too Pushy? or are Ratings like that good?
Your Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum here, Josh!
I have an innkeeper friend in TX who has her own comment cards in the rooms and they are rarely filled out. The guests that do fill them out usually leave a comment for something that they think needs to be added to the guest room. It's helpful to them to continue to tweak their rooms, but not the kind of thing that could translate to a good review or anything.
There are several of us here that encourage guests in our thank you email to go to TripAdvisor and post a review if they enjoyed their stay. It's been very helpful for me personally.

BandB.com has a fill out a review and win a $250 GC promotion right now. Are you on BandB.com? Your guest might be likely to do this if they have a chance to win something.
Reviews are very important, esp keeping them current. T.A. is top ranked right now and it pushes into Google and Yahoo searches, so it is a win win to get good reviews there.
But, many guests do not wish to REGISTER as they fear unsolicited email for the rest of their life. But it is necessary for them to verify the reviewers.
The BandB.com review CARDS are postage paid, but allow a very tiny area for the guest to write the review, so we are getting too many one line reviews "A nice stay." Things like this which drive me batty! YES, they can go online and write a lengthy review, which is what we prefer. Some sustenance to the review, real info for guests contemplating staying with us.
In Room reviews most likely won't get filled out and just take up space and create more clutter. That is my opinion on the matter. You can have a basket of them somewhere with some pens, but really guests do not do reviews. They say they will and then don't.
An ANGRY guest will review, they will be anticipating it!
Trip Advisor is important, if you are not on there as the owner with photos and details of your places, get on there. And then get the reviews on there asap.
regular_smile.gif

I have a problem with soliciting trip advisor comments. The Vancouver BB's probably belong the the BC BB Guild and are required to have the comment forms available and expect a certain number of them to be returned to the Guild. A good idea. I did belong to them up until last year and I think comment cards always good.

BandB.com has a fill out a review and win a $250 GC promotion right now. Are you on BandB.com? Your guest might be likely to do this if they have a chance to win something.
Reviews are very important, esp keeping them current. T.A. is top ranked right now and it pushes into Google and Yahoo searches, so it is a win win to get good reviews there.
But, many guests do not wish to REGISTER as they fear unsolicited email for the rest of their life. But it is necessary for them to verify the reviewers.
The BandB.com review CARDS are postage paid, but allow a very tiny area for the guest to write the review, so we are getting too many one line reviews "A nice stay." Things like this which drive me batty! YES, they can go online and write a lengthy review, which is what we prefer. Some sustenance to the review, real info for guests contemplating staying with us.
In Room reviews most likely won't get filled out and just take up space and create more clutter. That is my opinion on the matter. You can have a basket of them somewhere with some pens, but really guests do not do reviews. They say they will and then don't.
An ANGRY guest will review, they will be anticipating it!
Trip Advisor is important, if you are not on there as the owner with photos and details of your places, get on there. And then get the reviews on there asap.
regular_smile.gif
Okay, I understand, I just went to my mailbox and there are 100 of those cards from B&B.com
Guess that solves part of that mystery..LOL

Maybe instead of comment cards, you could put little notebooks in the rooms. That way, you could get the good, bad and ugly without being pushy.
I know of some people who actually write a letter to the innkeeper in that notebook. It can be a very valuable tool and something you can keep for posterity.

Maybe instead of comment cards, you could put little notebooks in the rooms. That way, you could get the good, bad and ugly without being pushy.
I know of some people who actually write a letter to the innkeeper in that notebook. It can be a very valuable tool and something you can keep for posterity..
emspiers said:
I know of some people who actually write a letter to the innkeeper in that notebook. It can be a very valuable tool and something you can keep for posterity.
I have only gotten one 'ugly' in any of the guest books (7) in 4 years. One guy thought the floor was too cold and I should rugs in the bathroom. We now do put them in 2 bathrooms in the winter only. I will say I am glad we did NOT have them for that gentleman's stay as he 'missed' more than he 'scored'. Ugh.
Other guests have left notes on the 'welcome' cards. Just found one from a few years ago...'Full length mirror would be helpful.' Installed last year. 'Take shelves out of closet so I can hang my clothes up.' (Odd one as there was an entire valet for hanging clothes. ) We did that closet over this year and removed the valet which was annoying me.

Back