Guest Fridge - missing water bottles

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
They put their bottled water in the guest fridge, and voila this morning 2 bottles are missing, stolen as they say. What can I tell you, we have sodas in there for guests, you add bottles of water and it will happen.
Not to emulate Basil, but we have a "Man-well" from Spain here, so they probably just went in and took it since they arrived after 10pm.

I hate that. We have to be VERY firm with guests about what is shared and what is personal. But, it's hard to tell someone that when you don't see them. Ugh.

If I knew a guest had put something personal in the fridge, I usually tried to put a stick um label on it with their name. But I can't remember that anyone ever took something.

Yes, if you put your stuff in the community fridge and don't write your name on it, it's fair game for those who don't know it's spoken for. And even if it has a name on it, no guarantees it will make it through the night!

I had a Sharpie and some post-it labels by our only shared fridge. People will take stuff...putting a label on it will slow them down.
wink_smile.gif

When the mini fridge moves into the hall to become a guest service, I plan to put some botles of water in it with a label - A Gift to You from Gillum House Bed & Breakfast. I already have a sheet of address labels made saying this. Now i am putting that on jars or cello bags of coffee roasts.

ah, that is too bad. possibly an honest mistake?
i did not offer anything in the mini guest fridges on each floor and had permanent markers and tape for labeling with big signs on each to label their things because it was all guest food and drink, not from me ... best i could do. then, the bigger rooms, i added their very own in room mini fridge so there was no possibility of borrowing or taking by mistake.
when guests checked out, i would often be left with things unlabeled and would have to ask the remaining guests ... is this yours? mostly wine and cheese, sometimes 'cereal cream' and fruit.

My hubby used to have a shared fridge at work. He'd take a pop or Gatorade with his lunch and put it next to his sack and it'd be gone by lunchtime. He got frustrated and funny so he wrote on the next can "I licked this" and put it in there. No one touched it- ever again. He doesn't work there any longer, but it's a standing joke in our family to write that on something special that you put in the fridge at home ;)

My hubby used to have a shared fridge at work. He'd take a pop or Gatorade with his lunch and put it next to his sack and it'd be gone by lunchtime. He got frustrated and funny so he wrote on the next can "I licked this" and put it in there. No one touched it- ever again. He doesn't work there any longer, but it's a standing joke in our family to write that on something special that you put in the fridge at home ;).
That's a good one!
lightbulb.gif

a co-worker used to put a note on her nylon lunch bag with attached beverage container that said ...
'Warning. Keep your food a few inches from mine, herpes'
every day, her lunch bag would sit on a shelf all alone, and of course no one touched her food
ps she did NOT have herpes
pps ... it did make for a bit of an awkward situation when she developed a crush on a new guy at the office.

My hubby used to have a shared fridge at work. He'd take a pop or Gatorade with his lunch and put it next to his sack and it'd be gone by lunchtime. He got frustrated and funny so he wrote on the next can "I licked this" and put it in there. No one touched it- ever again. He doesn't work there any longer, but it's a standing joke in our family to write that on something special that you put in the fridge at home ;).
There are also these lunch bags... thinkofthe.com/product.php
moldy_bag_1.png

Like the lunch bags and other stuff at their website. Wish I had even a little of that sort of creativity!

There are also these lunch bags... thinkofthe.com/product.php
moldy_bag_1.png

That is too funny!

Back