Guest Hoarders

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Have you ever gone into a guest room and you know for a fact they are only there two nights and then back home, they are not enroute to another destination...and yet it is wall to wall stuff! Snacks, clothes, shoes, bric-a-brac. etc
I did this today, nearly fainted when I opened the door. This coming from a guest who told me he is very careful with his vehicle, parks the furthest away at stuffmart and is very meticulous. I bought into that last night, today...uh, no.
You walk into the room and just stand there not knowing where to go or what to do, overwhelmed. But hey they reused their towels! So there is always something to be glad about!
poke.gif
sheesh Oh and the alarm clock was unplugged, there are three outlets near the chair and all three (double so six really) were plugged in with devices.
HOLY OVERSIZED DUFFLE BAG BAT MAN!

My alarms are going off. Be careful. Everytime I've had that kind of guest there has been a problem / hidden agenda. Not kdding - check their cc. Check anything you can.

We have a guest who comes every year and altho she is very neat, the bed is covered with stuffed animals. Every year something added.
It is odd when guests seem to have packed every possible thing to come along with them on a 2-night getaway. And it's spread out everywhere.
I'm always good for a few books, glasses, water glass, chocolates, uh oh... but I try to keep it all on the nightstand, which is why I appreciate a really big nightstand! And I close my suitcase and pack up my 'old kit bag' when I leave the room for the day.

DH has no idea what I post on here, unless it is a hot topic or pertinent to his realm of this business. He just walked in and said "those guests are back and they have a uhaul trailer behind their vehicle."
Okay, so I THOUGHT they might like to go to this outlet we have from a local business that sells to Nordstrom, Lamps Plus etc, all high end (made in China) but high end stuff. They have really good deals at this outlet, the more you buy the better the deal ie, 1 item x 50% , 2nd item 75% off and any thereafter...
Now after seeing their room, it is pretty funny that I suggested they go there as they might enjoy it.
A U-HAUL! I KID YOU NOT.

DH has no idea what I post on here, unless it is a hot topic or pertinent to his realm of this business. He just walked in and said "those guests are back and they have a uhaul trailer behind their vehicle."
Okay, so I THOUGHT they might like to go to this outlet we have from a local business that sells to Nordstrom, Lamps Plus etc, all high end (made in China) but high end stuff. They have really good deals at this outlet, the more you buy the better the deal ie, 1 item x 50% , 2nd item 75% off and any thereafter...
Now after seeing their room, it is pretty funny that I suggested they go there as they might enjoy it.
A U-HAUL! I KID YOU NOT..
Did they have the Uhaul when they arrived or is it a new addition? Do they really still have a home?

Did you check the U-Haul to make sure none of YOUR stuff was in it??

Did they have the Uhaul when they arrived or is it a new addition? Do they really still have a home?
Do they really still have a home?
That's my concern.

That's my concern.
The Tipsy Butler said:
That's my concern.
Yeah, you did end up with a guest without a real, fixed, permanent address, didn't you? The guy with the laundry and the shopping list.

They bought a leather living room suite at our outlet center. They were very excited about it!

JB - I thought you were hoarding guests... admission is the first step to recovery
tounge_smile.gif

Back