Guest Hugs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little Blue said:
OH, and finding this forum's "Easy button" last night has made this morning doubly enjoyable. Triple thumbs up!
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

Did I miss something? Where is the Easy Button?.
The button that allows me to NOT be subject to... [things I don't want to read -edited by swirt to keep the peace.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
]
I just thought calling it the easy button would be easier.
Hmmm, interesting. I probably could have made my point a little more nicely, but some people just don't get the hint if you keep being nice in the face of their petulance. And, in truth, I thought calling it the easy button would be something everyone would get and I wouldn't have to explain myself.
I always post my OWN opinion, based on my own experiences...and NEVER attack anyone elses statements or opinions, even when I strongly disagree. I'm very even tempered, and people who fly off the handle and get nasty immediately (especially when they don't know you) just rank me to no end.
So, sorry if anyone was offended...and that includes Toad. I've read and reread my posts that bound his undies, and I just don't get it (altho I have my theories).
HOWEVER, now I know what upsets him and he knows what upsets me...what happens henceforth will be with that information fully in mind.
The price you pay for having an active forum with opinionated innkeepers is a snarky comment from time to time. For those of you who don't know the definition of snarky it is:
[tr][td] [/td] Critical in a curmudgeonly sort of way.
[/td][/tr][/table]As popularized recently by Dane Cook in Vicious Circle.
This is just an FYI, snarky has been in the inn-definitions almost since we started.

OK
Swirt....and likely everyone else, will be happy to know that Tim and I have talked like grownups, and we're fine now!
Thanks Tim, and I hope we can talk again soon.
cheers.gif

Little Blue said:
OH, and finding this forum's "Easy button" last night has made this morning doubly enjoyable. Triple thumbs up!
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

The button that allows me to NOT be subject to... [things I don't want to read -edited by swirt to keep the peace.
]
Hmmm, interesting. I probably could have made my point a little more nicely, but some people just don't get the hint if you keep being nice in the face of their petulance. And, in truth, I thought calling it the easy button would be something everyone would get and I wouldn't have to explain myself.
I always post my OWN opinion, based on my own experiences...and NEVER attack anyone elses statements or opinions, even when I strongly disagree. I'm very even tempered, and people who fly off the handle and get nasty immediately (especially when they don't know you) just rank me to no end.
So, sorry if anyone was offended...and that includes Toad. I've read and reread my posts that bound his undies, and I just don't get it (altho I have my theories).
HOWEVER, now I know what upsets him and he knows what upsets me...what happens henceforth will be with that information fully in mind.
The price you pay for having an active forum with opinionated innkeepers is a snarky comment from time to time. For those of you who don't know the definition of snarky it is:
This is just an FYI, snarky has been in the inn-definitions almost since we started.
Where are the inn-definitions? They appear from time to time but don't seem to have a permanent home.

Little Blue said:
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

]
Where are the inn-definitions? They appear from time to time but don't seem to have a permanent home.
It's the sticky at the top of laugh vent cry

Little Blue said:
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

]
Thanks Swirt, that helps a lot. I like the definition for you. Perhaps we could add Grand Poobah.
wink_smile.gif

Little Blue said:
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

]
Thanks Swirt, that helps a lot. I like the definition for you. Perhaps we could add Grand Poobah.
wink_smile.gif

You gotta thank YelloSocks. She's the one that put all the work into creating it and keeping it updated.

i miss those guest hugs!
sad_smile.gif
seashanty said:
i miss those guest hugs!
sad_smile.gif
Not quite the same, but...{{{{{hug}}}}}
i'll take it! thanks (hugs back)
okay ... no need for me to get grumpy. YOU should be sleeping!
My alarm system just went off. Power was out and just came back on. So I'm up trying to relax after being jolted out of bed by the noise! And hoping I got to it before it woke the guests up (again).

oh bree ~~ how awful! that used to happen where i was. high winds and rain or just random outages (always in the middle of the nite) and the system would beep really loud every 3 seconds. nightmare!

oh bree ~~ how awful! that used to happen where i was. high winds and rain or just random outages (always in the middle of the nite) and the system would beep really loud every 3 seconds. nightmare!.
The couple in the room closest to the alarm box didn't hear a thing, including me running thru the house to turn the dang thing off both times! The other guests kindly held the flashlight and read the directions to me and we did just fine silencing the alarm until the power came back on. By that time everyone was asleep so I mangled my way thru it with the dog 'helping'. ie- cowering underfoot.

i miss those guest hugs!
sad_smile.gif
You should be feeling those hugs often as this group gives you mental hugs when we think of you - and that is OFTEN (meaning more than often). Still waiting to greet your smiling face......

The lady that checked out this morning gave me a hug as she left even though - the lamp in her room broke the glass shade when it fell last night, she could not take a shower this morning, breakfast was like leather with the egg bake and the English muffin bread hard as a rock from being held in the oven for an hour. She DID like the Kenya coffee she chose for me to roast. (The muffins, fruit, and the juices were also good.).
teeth_smile.gif
--- is this the "laugh out loud" smiley? This post made me giggle. Thank you for that, as I put on my babushka and make like a cleaning lady...

Back