Guest Information Booklet

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to make these available for a limited time only, here are my two info packs in PDF format.
This is the house pack.
This is the things to see and do.
I bind them with a comb, I put a white card front on it which I print and then a sheet of acetate on top to protect it: So they look like this.....
d999aj8
wow ... missed them already!

I've been worrying about streetview and how often they re-do their photos, because if somebody looks up the address of my guesthouse, they currently see it as it looked years ago before the restoration, and it just looks horrible.
Does anybody have any idea how often they re-visit rural towns? Once a century?.
Arkansawyer said:
I've been worrying about streetview and how often they re-do their photos, because if somebody looks up the address of my guesthouse, they currently see it as it looked years ago before the restoration, and it just looks horrible.
Does anybody have any idea how often they re-visit rural towns? Once a century?
Well like you, I can tell the exact time they took the image due to the construction status, etc. But I think on here 6 mo's ago we found the actual date of the image on the image. So for us (we are small town) this is like 5 years later for a retake. Unless they are only here filling in the gaps and NOT RETAKING, which could be a possibility. There is no street view out in the county here, so maybe they are doing that now.
Our place looks like death warmed over on streetview. I HATE for anyone to view it who is looking at staying here. It looks like a dump.
Joey Bloggs said:
...But I think on here 6 mo's ago we found the actual date of the image on the image. So for us (we are small town) this is like 5 years later for a retake...
Yes, the image date is at the bottom of the streetview images, and the one of my place says image date February 2008! So if they ARE doing it every 5 years, maybe they'll get my finished project soon!
Eric had a good suggestion to post a GOOD photo of your place to Panoramio so at least it's there for those who will dig that deeply into things.
Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
...But I think on here 6 mo's ago we found the actual date of the image on the image. So for us (we are small town) this is like 5 years later for a retake...
Yes, the image date is at the bottom of the streetview images, and the one of my place says image date February 2008! So if they ARE doing it every 5 years, maybe they'll get my finished project soon!
OH HAPPY DAY! (because JB loves bold italic lettering)
The Google Street View car has been driving every street of our town today!! 5 years and 4 months after they were last here. And we've had nothing but blue skies this week so the images should be bright and beautiful. Timing is just perfect, as I just got the hanging flower baskets in front of my newly finished building a couple of weeks ago, and soon Street View will show a nice place, instead of the ugly disaster the building was in the 2008 photo.
Sometimes, just sometimes, things work out perfectly!

Does anybody have any idea how often they re-visit rural towns? Once a century?.
Arkansawyer said:
Well like you, I can tell the exact time they took the image due to the construction status, etc. But I think on here 6 mo's ago we found the actual date of the image on the image. So for us (we are small town) this is like 5 years later for a retake. Unless they are only here filling in the gaps and NOT RETAKING, which could be a possibility. There is no street view out in the county here, so maybe they are doing that now.
Our place looks like death warmed over on streetview. I HATE for anyone to view it who is looking at staying here. It looks like a dump.
Joey Bloggs said:
Eric had a good suggestion to post a GOOD photo of your place to Panoramio so at least it's there for those who will dig that deeply into things.
Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
The Google Street View car has been driving every street of our town today!! 5 years and 4 months after they were last here. And we've had nothing but blue skies this week so the images should be bright and beautiful. Timing is just perfect, as I just got the hanging flower baskets in front of my newly finished building a couple of weeks ago, and soon Street View will show a nice place, instead of the ugly disaster the building was in the 2008 photo.
thumbs_up.gif

Wish they would come back here during the spring or summer instead of the dreary winter when there is not life on the trees & no sun either.

Still October 2007 for us, not that they drove down our road, but if you get the google man in just the right spot at the intersection with the main road, zoom in and squint a bit, you can imagine that you are making out our sign!
Actually, you can see part of our place from the causeway, across the water in the distance.

Still October 2007 for us, not that they drove down our road, but if you get the google man in just the right spot at the intersection with the main road, zoom in and squint a bit, you can imagine that you are making out our sign!
Actually, you can see part of our place from the causeway, across the water in the distance..
I don't think the car has done the side streets here, either. And my place (right on the main drag!) is all fuzzy and you really can't see the sign or figure out what this is.

Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Oh Arks you may be the only one who ever listens to me...haha

So Eric did you ever complete this booklet now that the thread has been revitalized?
After staying in NYC in Jan I can think of important CITY things I might add since you are in a city.

So Eric did you ever complete this booklet now that the thread has been revitalized?
After staying in NYC in Jan I can think of important CITY things I might add since you are in a city..
Nope. I have most of it together, it got bogged down on things like individual controls for TV/DVDs in rooms and such.

After staying in NYC in Jan I can think of important CITY things I might add since you are in a city..
Nope. I have most of it together, it got bogged down on things like individual controls for TV/DVDs in rooms and such.
Funny you can have the same mindset of guests (generally speaking) day after day then get one room that thinks differently, and it throws a spanner into the mix!
I have a couple here like that now. They are just now leaving and everything is not the same as our other guests. It is not a bad thing, mind you, but different. So when they ask me a question it is not the same ol' same ol'...and I have to think about it.
I don't mind, at all. It is just what i have in the room books do not suffice for these guests. No matter what i put in, they would have another question, not answered in there.

Funny you can have the same mindset of guests (generally speaking) day after day then get one room that thinks differently, and it throws a spanner into the mix!
I have a couple here like that now. They are just now leaving and everything is not the same as our other guests. It is not a bad thing, mind you, but different. So when they ask me a question it is not the same ol' same ol'...and I have to think about it.
I don't mind, at all. It is just what i have in the room books do not suffice for these guests. No matter what i put in, they would have another question, not answered in there.
Arkie has an amazing set of guest info books. An entire book talks about the history of his building. The other one gives all the general town and county info up to and including photos of all the cash crops grown in the county. Even the rice fields!

Arkie has an amazing set of guest info books. An entire book talks about the history of his building. The other one gives all the general town and county info up to and including photos of all the cash crops grown in the county. Even the rice fields!
Innkeep said:
Thanks for reminding me Innkeep. Oddly enough, my parents bought some rice there on their way through West to East a few years ago, and it was the best rice! They stopped in again, and it was no longer sold. Dad went hunting there and still couldn't get any. Is it sold overseas now or ? It was sooooo tender and flavorful.

Arkansas is the country's largest grower of rice, and you can buy it in many stores here. Yes, I thought it would be good for people to have info on the crops they'll see growing in the fields here. Not everybody is interested in that, just like not everybody is interested in where the antique stores are. It's good to have a mix of stuff.

Back