Guest innspiration

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Have you had an amazing or innspiring guest lately? Someone who just made the day go smoother, or brought a smile to your face?
Care to share a little bit about them with us? (no names or identity info please)
or
Have you had someone in this business innspire you lately? Someone in your association, your forum or otherwise associated with owning and operating a Bed and Breakfast/Inn?

We've had a run of kids lately. From 7-8 yo to seniors in hs. I've been remarkably impressed and heartened by how nice they were, how polite and how much fun they had while here, which they shared with us by telling us all the stuff they did.
And one guest this morning who had a brochure I needed and couldn't find and she got up from her breakfast, went to her room and brought the brochure out so other guests could see it.
Guests (2 in the past 3 days) who have needed more than we usually can accommodate (leaving luggage, late check-outs, etc) who were so gracious that we found we COULD do these things for them. They actually made it easier for us by being so gracious.

Nine kids in one family from 3 to 18 who were so quiet & well-behaved I was dumbfounded. Each gave me a hug (and the 3 year old came back with a second one) as they left. Last night at the volunteer dinner, several people told me they asked the kids (at the music festival the next day) how everything was last night and they replied - wonderful, she even gave us breakfast!!

We just had a very inspiring guest and I'm sure she won't mind us giving her blog link out. She gave up the corporate world at age 54 to pursue her happiness being a photographer and traveling.
Here's her link to her blog and also a video clip. She was just featured on ABC news while she was staying at our lodge. So happy for her and plan to follow her blog to see where she's headed next. Enjoy....
http://www.holeinthedonut.com/

Back