Guest left - and then came back....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Last night we had a guest who came in for a meeting with our City Manager. She had called to ask availability and I had it, giving the standard rate I charge my City - $0.
This morning I made a fruit banana split, egg bake w/muffin bread, etc and he saw me with the camera to take photos of the banana split so told me to go ahead and to also do the photos I wanted of the egg bake. We had a nice chat and he left.
Within the hour, he was back - with a dozen roses!!

Hope to see those photos sometime!.
med_DSC06920-001.JPG

the Banana Split
DSC06923-001.JPG

The Egg Bake
lrg_DSC06926-001.JPG

All that was left

Woo Hoo! pics are excellent and guests that appreciate the cracking work you do for your town! icing on the cake (this is a british expression means extra excellent bit that makes it even better!)

No wonder you got flowers! You delighted him, and in a dog-eat-dog world, delight, sadly, comes rarely!

awesome but ... wait ... you charge nothing for guests who come to meet with city officials? that's amazing but i hope it doesn't happen too often! wondering why you don't even charge a modest amount ?
cracking work ... love it!

Woo Hoo! pics are excellent and guests that appreciate the cracking work you do for your town! icing on the cake (this is a british expression means extra excellent bit that makes it even better!).
I grew up with "icing on the cake"! Thanks - it was because it was so unexpected.

awesome but ... wait ... you charge nothing for guests who come to meet with city officials? that's amazing but i hope it doesn't happen too often! wondering why you don't even charge a modest amount ?
cracking work ... love it!.
It depends on the situation. IF they are coming for a presentation for us (as in some folks from downstate who had done something we wanted to think about doing - they are as broke as we are). IF it is something the City would have to pay for no matter where they stayed, CM insists on an invoice.
It is my tax money being used to pay me - I would rather it was used toward something we are doing to benefit ALL of us. The City pays when I go to Conferences with the CM and they have even sent someone over to let guests in when I was in a bind. It is onw of those nice things about being in a small City and working with them - we work together.
Yesterday got word that we got another grant! This time presentations were made at a Brownfields Conference - 10 were invited and 8 showed up. It was a Phase II - all had been recipiants of Phase I and were competing for one of three Phase II grants of $10k. We got one of them - to high a professional to design what we should do where with our activities park - former location of the City Garage. We used Phase I to go to the elementary school to ask the KIDS what they would like to have at the park.

Back