Guest makes "best offer" regarding rates

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mountain inn, gut instincts 101 aye. You nailed it on the head and knew what was coming. Who the heck do they think they are? See these are the times when you have guilt if you DON'T respond, but know in your gut nothing good will come of it, nothing. Doing you a favor? What a pack of losers.
I just read FD's email as well...see this is what I was speaking of with my B-I-L and that any hotel would be GLAD to have him stay there.
Now I am mad. The guests tonight from FLA called to change the date from SAT to TONIGHT and the room they chose was not available tonight, so they have a $5 more room (only one night and they save $10 online) they BETTER be happy about it. See we always EAT THE COST, WE NEED TO STOP EATING IT! IT TASTES TERRIBLE!.
I keep going back to this as an effect of those cRaZy TV ads about deep hotel discounts. Regular rate $159? No problem, offer them $79!! People are getting brainwashed or something that they can just name the price for a room anywhere!
I remember well the calls where someone would call and say, "I'm just looking for a clean room for less than $100 for the night". If it was before 5 PM, I'd give them the number of the CVB to rattle off a list of economy lodging. I mean, that's what they're looking for, isn't it? We provide something different than that.
Jerks like the guy who says he's trying to throw something to a local business are just trying to cover up being cheap. If a B&B is not the right fit for you for the price, it's not the right fit. Move on without being nasty about it. Good grief.

yea we get those "bargain" hunters here to. Like the "nurse" who called and wanted a low rate for the lowest rated room ($89) I told her we could give her a 10% discount because of the extended 6 week stay. No she said that was too much, well that's a pretty good rate if you ask me and breakfast is included? Go Away...stay at the m tel VI if you just want a "room". A b & B stay is not just a "room".
They make me crazy! No coddeling and no arguing about the discount Im about to give you i could have not even given you that!

Back