Guest names and a bad way with names

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
We have two rooms here together for the next couple days, from the same state, and their names are: Donna, Dale, Deborah and David. Just shoot me now! I will have to be quirky and give them a group name of The Four D's or something. Two of them don't eat meat, so maybe I should paint their fingernails like you do with twins! haha
I am horrible with names unless they have some remarkable or distinguishing look about them.

thumbs_up.gif

Dh's first wife named the daughters. ALL 3 start with Sh and we would be looking right at them and start with the wrong name and the second syllable would be the right name. And it was not because the twins looked alike. Once they were no longer babies (they DID have to take them back to ID footprints once when bracelets came off), they no longer looked alike. One is 5'2" (maybe) and the other is 5'10" and they have had the height diff as long as I have known them.
You have my sympathies.

We've had rooms with the exact same names. They checked in at the same time. Then stood there laughing when I introduced them to each other, 'John Smith, meet John Smith.' Then they went on a tear about how some other John Smith is on the no fly list and how long do YOU have to stand around when you try to board a plane? Oh, yeah, they had a great time.

We've had rooms with the exact same names. They checked in at the same time. Then stood there laughing when I introduced them to each other, 'John Smith, meet John Smith.' Then they went on a tear about how some other John Smith is on the no fly list and how long do YOU have to stand around when you try to board a plane? Oh, yeah, they had a great time..
Remember my Dale and Gale?
She was Dale, he was Gale, and I had to always think DALE EVANS, GALE SAYERS - FOOTBALL!, not Crystal Gayle...and my cousin (male) Dale, or Dale Carnegie.

Then I have to Mrs Bucket scenario, Mrs Boo-Kay she says on the BBC show.
This guest last name was Gentile. As far as I know, that word means, non Jew, ie Gentile. She said "Genteel" to correct people.

This guest last name was Gentile. As far as I know, that word means, non Jew, ie Gentile. She said "Genteel" to correct people..
Or Genteel-ay

This guest last name was Gentile. As far as I know, that word means, non Jew, ie Gentile. She said "Genteel" to correct people..
Oh that is too funny....I would be a mess! Oh gentle gentile how genteeel you are! Good Luck!

We've had rooms with the exact same names. They checked in at the same time. Then stood there laughing when I introduced them to each other, 'John Smith, meet John Smith.' Then they went on a tear about how some other John Smith is on the no fly list and how long do YOU have to stand around when you try to board a plane? Oh, yeah, they had a great time..
Neighbour across the street and a guest had the exact same name. Fun to introduce them.
And of course, I get to introduce my better half to all the guys named Adam, just to see their faces when I do. It's funny.

Back