Guest Registration Form

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Guest Registration Form that have made up or know of online that works well. Word form is prefered.

I got mine preprinted from American Hotel Register. They didn't have everything I needed so I made up a form to print out on the back with the extras. (CC #, food allergies) The preprinted ones allowed me to tear off the end as a receipt. I don't use them any longer as my rez system prints them all up for me.
The idea being- look at what AHR has for sale and make something up from that with what you need.

Actually, I have a "form" in word already, I was hoping that someone had a nice design as well as the wording for a warning about charges for incidentals and damage.
But I have never seen that website before. But are they serious about some of their prices? I saw this.... http://www.americanhotel.com/Controller/controller2.aspx?R=QJP716 and I wondered if they were seriously telling me that hotels are paying almost $8 for a black box to hold sugar?

Actually, I have a "form" in word already, I was hoping that someone had a nice design as well as the wording for a warning about charges for incidentals and damage.
But I have never seen that website before. But are they serious about some of their prices? I saw this.... http://www.americanhotel.com/Controller/controller2.aspx?R=QJP716 and I wondered if they were seriously telling me that hotels are paying almost $8 for a black box to hold sugar?.
We only order from them what we can't find elsewhere. The shipping is outrageous as well. The sale flyer is a joke.

But I have never seen that website before. But are they serious about some of their prices? I saw this.... http://www.americanhotel.com/Controller/controller2.aspx?R=QJP716 and I wondered if they were seriously telling me that hotels are paying almost $8 for a black box to hold sugar?.
We only order from them what we can't find elsewhere. The shipping is outrageous as well. The sale flyer is a joke.
Not always! I just bought enough Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to hopefully last the rest of my natural life for only $1.99/box! They are over $3.50 for a box in the store. But we were buying lotion, shower caps, and cups as well so the shipping wasn't too bad.

Not always! I just bought enough Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to hopefully last the rest of my natural life for only $1.99/box! They are over $3.50 for a box in the store. But we were buying lotion, shower caps, and cups as well so the shipping wasn't too bad.
OK, so that's a good one. Have you ever bought the soaps?
I've checked the tissues every once in awhile, but with the shipping it's more than buying it at the grocery store (which ain't cheap!)

I've checked the tissues every once in awhile, but with the shipping it's more than buying it at the grocery store (which ain't cheap!)
No, I've never priced the soaps. Are you talking hand pump soaps or bar? We get our bar soap and shampoo from Greenwich Bay and I think their prices are really reasonable.
From American Hotel we get shower caps, Lord & Mayfair hand lotion, individually wrapped 10 oz. cups for guest bathrooms, eye makeup removers, sanitary napkin envelopes, shower curtain liners, bathrobes, middle blankets for the beds, pillow protectors, and sheets/pillowcases. You have to be careful with their prices, but esp for the linens when we do a wholesale changeout buying in bulk really makes the price come down.
They are based in Chicago so drop shipping to us is likely a lot cheaper than to you.

We buy our tissue usually at the pharmacy. They seem to have one brand or another on sale as a loss leader at 59c or 49c each week. Or their competition does. I can only buy 4 boxes at a time... but you can walk into the store and buy again, even if all you did was walk out to the car to drop them off. :)

No, I've never priced the soaps. Are you talking hand pump soaps or bar? We get our bar soap and shampoo from Greenwich Bay and I think their prices are really reasonable.
From American Hotel we get shower caps, Lord & Mayfair hand lotion, individually wrapped 10 oz. cups for guest bathrooms, eye makeup removers, sanitary napkin envelopes, shower curtain liners, bathrobes, middle blankets for the beds, pillow protectors, and sheets/pillowcases. You have to be careful with their prices, but esp for the linens when we do a wholesale changeout buying in bulk really makes the price come down.
They are based in Chicago so drop shipping to us is likely a lot cheaper than to you.
Bar soaps. I get ours from Greenwich Bay also. Just thought the 23 cents in the sales flyer sounded better.
So, the sheets...what do you get? I look at them but I'm so afraid I'm going to end up with 'motel' grade sheets that I can see thru!

Bar soaps. I get ours from Greenwich Bay also. Just thought the 23 cents in the sales flyer sounded better.
So, the sheets...what do you get? I look at them but I'm so afraid I'm going to end up with 'motel' grade sheets that I can see thru!
I am not an ironer, so I can't do 100% cotton (I'm also a "hot" sleeper and can't stand hot cotton sheets), so we get their 60/40 cotton/poly blend sheets. They are 200 thread count. Out of the box they do feel rough, but with good detergent and fabric softener they soften right up after one or two washes and they have held up very well for 3 years now. Not super thick but also far from "see through", to me they are the perfect crisp sheet and perfect medium weight. They fold nicely without wrinkles out of the dryer.
This is the item number. Looks like they are on sale right now.

I am not an ironer, so I can't do 100% cotton (I'm also a "hot" sleeper and can't stand hot cotton sheets), so we get their 60/40 cotton/poly blend sheets. They are 200 thread count. Out of the box they do feel rough, but with good detergent and fabric softener they soften right up after one or two washes and they have held up very well for 3 years now. Not super thick but also far from "see through", to me they are the perfect crisp sheet and perfect medium weight. They fold nicely without wrinkles out of the dryer.
'Fold nicely without wrinkles...' sounds like my kind of sheet! Do you just get the flat sheets or do you get fitted as well?

'Fold nicely without wrinkles...' sounds like my kind of sheet! Do you just get the flat sheets or do you get fitted as well?
Both fitted and flat, and we did the pillow cases too. I think you have to buy by the dozen.

Both fitted and flat, and we did the pillow cases too. I think you have to buy by the dozen.
And how is this helping me with the wording for my registration form? :)
Not to mention that cotton/poly will be hot for many people, since poly doesn't breath.

Not to mention that cotton/poly will be hot for many people, since poly doesn't breath.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Not helping you at all. Helping me quite a bit.
So, back to your question...you must already have a reg form, are you just missing the 'fine print' stuff?
Here's what I have:
Check out is at 11 AM. There is a $50 fee for unauthorized late check-out; check-outs occuring after 1 PM will be assessed a full day room charge.

If your room requires extra cleaning or maintenance due to smoking or other negligence, including damage done by pets, your credit card may be charged accordingly.

Smoking in guest rooms or common rooms is not allowed. Smoking is allowed outside the building.

Below is the one we use, if its any help.
Batch#_________
Reservation
Names Dates of Stay________________
Address__________________________________Days of Week______________
_________________________________________________# of Days__________
Phone___________________________ Email_____________________________
Room #_____________________Guar?_________Rate_____________________
We require a 50% deposit, and that’s fully refundable up until 5 days before your arrival. Would you like to put that on a Visa, Mastercard or Discover? OR (within 5 days) At this point your deposit will be nonrefundable.
Credit Card Type____________________Expiration Date_________________________
Credit Card #_____________________________________________________________
Is this for 2 adults?__________Have you stayed with us before?____________________
Is this a special occasion? Anniversary Birthday Honeymoon Other______________
Our Check-in time is 4pm to 9pm. Does that fit in with your plans?__________________
We have you all confirmed for a (CLASS) room for (DAYS OF WEEK) (DATES) for a (#) night stay. We’ll send a confirmation to your email right away. We look forward to seeing you! Thank you.
Notes: Reservation Date_____________________
Confirmation Date____________________
Subtotal_____________________ Extras?
11% tax__________________________
Cancel Date___________
Cancel Fee____________ Total_____________________________
Cancel Fee Batch_______ Cash or Credit?____________________

Eric Arthur Blair said:
So, back to your question...you must already have a reg form, are you just missing the 'fine print' stuff?
Here's what I have:
Check out is at 11 AM. There is a $50 fee for unauthorized late check-out; check-outs occuring after 1 PM will be assessed a full day room charge.

If your room requires extra cleaning or maintenance due to smoking or other negligence, including damage done by pets, your credit card may be charged accordingly.

Smoking in guest rooms or common rooms is not allowed. Smoking is allowed outside the building.
Okay, well, I have to change the check-out stuff, because if I assess them a full day charge then they might want to stay. And I'm fully booked for the next day. Maybe some charge per hour with no maximum?
Check-out time is 12H00. There is a $25 per hour fee for late check-out.
I like the stuff about smoking, extra maintenance, etc. What I need now is about stuff in the "honour bar". We want them to leave the money on the bar and not to have to bill it. So, we want to mention a charge of $5 for billing honour bar items to their account. And I guess I want to put something about leaving with the key as well. Anyone have wording that works? (Then I have to translate it all.)

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Welcome to a hijacked thread! ;)

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Here's what I have:

Okay, well, I have to change the check-out stuff, because if I assess them a full day charge then they might want to stay. And I'm fully booked for the next day. Maybe some charge per hour with no maximum?
I like the stuff about smoking, extra maintenance, etc. What I need now is about stuff in the "honour bar". We want them to leave the money on the bar and not to have to bill it. So, we want to mention a charge of $5 for billing honour bar items to their account. And I guess I want to put something about leaving with the key as well. Anyone have wording that works? (Then I have to translate it all.)
OK, here's the deal...NO ONE reads this except lawyers. ANY guest who gets hit with charges for honour bar and leaving with the keys is going to be surprised and not happy. (I don't know the solution for the honour bar but I really believe that you either raise your prices to cover it or you call it COB, but don't charge. It's - to me - nickel & diming.)
I think most guests, whether they read or not, expect there might be some sort of ding for leaving late or breaking things. However, anyone who is still in the room at 11:30 CLAIMS they thought checkout was noon...see, they don't read. They don't read what they sign, they don't read the back of the door where we have the required state info, they don't read the guest book and they don't read the little sign we added with pertinent info. So they claim. BS I say. I guess I need to start staing the checkout time when I do the check-in.
If you've been to the islands you know they go thru the spiel while you're downing rum drinks that says you are responsible, to the tune of $100, for the loss of the safe key. Maybe it needs to be part of your welcome pitch if it is happening a lot. (We are down to one key for one of our rooms. Don't know why this room loses the most keys, it's not even the most booked room!)
I've had 2 guests push the 1 PM deadline. One of them actually wanted a fight. (You know those people, you can feel the aggression coming off them in waves. I ignored her.) The other was that smoker who broke every other rule that the late checkout fee almost seemed stupid to charge with all the other fees they were racking up. (But they did pay it.)

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Here's what I have:

You could do the $x/hour thing but what's to make them leave in time for you to clean? I would just change the wording to read something along the lines of having to pay for the night but must vacate the premises or their belongings will be removed by management.
Do you have any way to lock them out of the room or the building? I can do both.
Hate it when guests pull this crap but there's always a few every year who do not get how the well-oiled machine works.

Back