guest sick !

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Reaction score
Well I donot know where to start? Two people come for wedding of friend. They stay and are one of the most considerate we have ever had. rom clean asked right questions. Cleaned up after them selves . WOW. I was impressed. Young and considerate at the same time.
They go to leave asked us if they could stay a bit longer as they were beat from wedding party. Sure no problems. then go down after they leave found a note sorry I was sick on you bed > I have taken the sheets please charge me for the sheets again I am sorry to much drinking. I was just in a state of shock. ran upstaire told dh , Then we went back down and found yes they did take the sheets top and bottom. But left the pillow cases. Phoned guest and said please bring the sheets home , these come from state side and cost a lot to bring them in to Canadian, with exchange and postal plus it will take a week to 10 days to arrive. please just take them to laundry mat and wash them and bring them back ...
You donot want to pay for them as they cost a lot and you are very young and the cheapest way is to wash and bring them back. so he has come back with I will travel back home wash them and send it back to you tomorrow, . I had to wash all the blankets under mat to matress what a mess. Cost to clean the rest of mess was only 20.00 dollars. Then discovered they had taken the beach towels they are not cheap . so phoned him back and asked him to please return it back also.
So now we wait and see what happens.

It's usually a tell-tale sign when you go to clean a room and all the bedding has been stripped off the bed/duvet.... but I've never had someone take it with them.

It's usually a tell-tale sign when you go to clean a room and all the bedding has been stripped off the bed/duvet.... but I've never had someone take it with them..
Funny side note to this is. They left the blanket coverlet that had been washed in the shower to try and remove some of the mess. But put it back on the bed what was up front now was on the bottom of the bed. Thank goodness for water proof incased cover. It saved the bed from being soaked all the way through. the mattress pad is very very thick . Was surprised it was soaked through.

Sometimes their 'helpfulness' is worse than them leaving it all for you to clean.
HJ - "It's usually a tell-tale sign when you go to clean a room and all the bedding has been stripped off the bed/duvet..."
Yes, every. single. time.

Sometimes their 'helpfulness' is worse than them leaving it all for you to clean.
HJ - "It's usually a tell-tale sign when you go to clean a room and all the bedding has been stripped off the bed/duvet..."
Yes, every. single. time..
Copperhead said:
We've had guests ask at breakfast if I want them to strip the room. Why? This isn't your grandmother's house where you should do that!
I tell them I have a system and it will be faster for me if everything is left as is. PLEASE don't make the bed thinking I'll be scandalized when I walk in.
We have had guests make the bed entirely when leaving for the day on to find later on that they were covering up a mess they now have to tell us about or sleep in it.

Copperhead said:
We've had guests ask at breakfast if I want them to strip the room. Why? This isn't your grandmother's house where you should do that!
I tell them I have a system and it will be faster for me if everything is left as is. PLEASE don't make the bed thinking I'll be scandalized when I walk in.
We have had guests make the bed entirely when leaving for the day on to find later on that they were covering up a mess they now have to tell us about or sleep in it.
my wife makes the bed as we are leaving (hotels). I gave up pointing out that the staff will pull it all off when they enter. Guess some people just like things neat.

Copperhead said:
Don't look... http://imgur.com/gallery/Vtvyt

The bedding was not stripped. You saw the pillows with cases in tacked the coverlet pulled up . She made the bed every day they were here. Even though I said heck your on holidays relax Take a break . We will do this every morning with out fail. . So when I walked in and found again like normal the bed was made . So went to strip it and low and behold the top sheet and bottom were gone!
He phoned this afternoon and said it all clean and on to you it should arrive on Wednesday. Great so with my fingers crossed I hope he is right. Along with our heavy beach towels. Man I am down to 2 sets of sheets now. Luck we have taken the next 2 days off . As our woofer had surgery today. She is hanging in also. It going to be a long night .

jon sable that is horrifying!!! looks like something my son would do ...
flower ... ugh ... i am so sorry. gross. i hope you get your towels back. but isn't that odd? to take the things away? never had that happen.

It's usually a tell-tale sign when you go to clean a room and all the bedding has been stripped off the bed/duvet.... but I've never had someone take it with them..
Highlands John said:
It's usually a tell-tale sign when you go to clean a room and all the bedding has been stripped off the bed/duvet.... but I've never had someone take it with them.
yes!!!!! I absolutely shudder with fear when I hear those words "we helped you out by stripping the beds"

Copperhead said:
Don't look... http://imgur.com/gallery/Vtvyt
DH .....Wicked!!!!!JS

Glad to report bedding came back. This young couple kept their word. I have faith in young people again. And they are very clean. yeppie . Even the towel came back. I think once I told him to get my comphy sheets again it would cost over 2 hundred. I am sure that is why he mailed them back
Yes rate of exchange , broker fees and taxes and mailing . That is what it cost to replace King size sheets plus beach towels.
Aren't you lucky living state side. Plus it would take 8 to 10 days before I got them.

Back