Guest takes a personal belonging of mine

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I was running out the door today to take a walk. I don't need my glasses to walk, just to read so I put them down on the reception desk so I could pick them up when I came back in the house. When I returned they were gone. I figured hubs picked them up and put them on my desk. Nope, no glasses. I searched everywhere for them because I'm always putting them down somewhere. BUT, I specifically remembered saying to myself as I walked out the door, 'Remember you put your glasses on the desk.'
We asked the guests in the living room if they had seen them? No. Continued the search all over the house. Nowhere.
About 3 hours later hubs is outside and the other guests give him my glasses. They picked them up while they were wandering around the house. (Opening the cellar door, other guest room doors, basically just wandering.) They said they thought they had left them there. Egads. I'm glad they didn't go home with them.
Note to self...take 2 seconds and go back to office to put personal items away.

Phew, I was worried it was the screen door.
confused_smile.gif

I thought from the title that something might have been taken from your personal space. Glad you got your glasses back!

Can you see me shaking my head?
"I know there aren't mine but I thought it would be a good idea to pick them up and carry them around with me for a few hours." ??? I just don't get the thought process!

"I know there aren't mine but I thought it would be a good idea to pick them up and carry them around with me for a few hours." ??? I just don't get the thought process!.
The story today is that she has tons of glasses herself because she is always putting them down somewhere and walking away. She thought they were hers.

"I know there aren't mine but I thought it would be a good idea to pick them up and carry them around with me for a few hours." ??? I just don't get the thought process!.
The story today is that she has tons of glasses herself because she is always putting them down somewhere and walking away. She thought they were hers.
Ok, I guess I can see that happening...but I"m still shaking my head...someone should buy her an eyeglass chain for her next birthday!
teeth_smile.gif

Ok, I guess I can see that happening...but I"m still shaking my head...someone should buy her an eyeglass chain for her next birthday!
teeth_smile.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif
Who me? Ha, ha. I'M the one who puts her glasses down everywhere and then forgets where they are. At least the guest has multiple pairs!

teeth_smile.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif
Who me? Ha, ha. I'M the one who puts her glasses down everywhere and then forgets where they are. At least the guest has multiple pairs!
No, not you! I would suggest it to her husband!

teeth_smile.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif
She was her here with her boyfriend. They met when they were teens, about 60 some odd years ago. Both married someone else, raised a family and when both spouses were deceased they ran into each other again. Kinda neat, they're 80 years old.

teeth_smile.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif
She was her here with her boyfriend. They met when they were teens, about 60 some odd years ago. Both married someone else, raised a family and when both spouses were deceased they ran into each other again. Kinda neat, they're 80 years old.
Oh, I didn't realize these were the "upgraders"! That is a sweet story.
heart.gif

teeth_smile.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif
I cannot get out of bed without my glasses. I lose my pouch that has my DR license & credit cards, my keys, and my cell phone if any of them get put down in an "out of norm" place - translate that to often! DH does not even get interested any more when I ask if he has seen my pouch - he used to get hyper.

Back