Guest Towels

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

key keeper

Reaction score
Although we provide make-up wipes for the ladies they continue to use our beautiful white egyptian towels and wash cloths to remove make-up.
Any ideas???

I think everyone on here has beat themselves up over this. I finally went out and bought cheap colored facecloths for the bathroom. Even those are being destroyed by some sort of cleanser that takes the color right out of them.
We soak the good towels before washing them in the hopes we can get at least some of the crud out. But, I have pillowcases that can never be used again because of mascara.

I am feeling your pain
cry_smile.gif
! I have done the same as Morticia, gone with dark face clothes. I haven't had the issues of discoloring though....YET!

Where can I find individually wraped make up remover wipes?

I am feeling your pain
cry_smile.gif
! I have done the same as Morticia, gone with dark face clothes. I haven't had the issues of discoloring though....YET!.
Copperhead said:
I am feeling your pain
cry_smile.gif
! I have done the same as Morticia, gone with dark face clothes. I haven't had the issues of discoloring though....YET!
That's what I did, nice deep rose colored washcloths from Cotton Craft. They all still look like new after more than five years. Each room gets 2 white and 2 colored. The welcome note in the room asks "
"Colored wash cloths are provided to wash off makeup. Makeup never comes out of my good white washcloths and that just ruins my day!!"

Unfortunately anything with the alpha hydroxy acids (that all the "anti-aging" creams contain) suck all the dye out of our dark colored washcloths. We are back to all white so I can just bleach makeup if I have to.
The little eye makeup remover cloths DO get used, I like them.

We had white washcloths to match the towels (no egytian cotton) but nice towels, we finally decided to buy inexensive baige washcloths. Sorry.... Don't hang bathtowels near the sink...foud out they use the washcloths, we just said that washcloths replacement is a cost of doing buiness..so we buy inexensive ones and place near the sinks...like your quote little blue. Hubbie said put the inexpensive wash cloths near the sink and the nice white washcloths near the shower or tub. Hubbie worked for a linen company...can get almost everything out except heavy makeup.

we've had a raging debate on the forum about this issue. i had both the wipes and dark blue towels in little baskets with a note that they were for heavy soil and makeup removal ... because i had biking groups that would sometimes stain the white towels when washing up. the makeup removal towelettes are not for everyone, some folks have sensitive skin and don't want to touch them.
i've been told some people find it offensive to offer these wash cloths or to have them offered when they are guests. i never had a complaint (that i heard anyway) and i was never offended by the offering when i was a guest. i wear makeup and i know what it does.
my place was folksy and i could easily have little notes about things. it went easily with my style. some places are not like that.
the acne washes and the self tanners (amoung other things) also do a number on the towels and linens. you have to figure this into the cost of doing business and try not to feel bad about it ... any time something just wouldn't come completely clean or got bleached out by some face cleanser or whatever ... it became mine or was offered to staff.

we've had a raging debate on the forum about this issue. i had both the wipes and dark blue towels in little baskets with a note that they were for heavy soil and makeup removal ... because i had biking groups that would sometimes stain the white towels when washing up. the makeup removal towelettes are not for everyone, some folks have sensitive skin and don't want to touch them.
i've been told some people find it offensive to offer these wash cloths or to have them offered when they are guests. i never had a complaint (that i heard anyway) and i was never offended by the offering when i was a guest. i wear makeup and i know what it does.
my place was folksy and i could easily have little notes about things. it went easily with my style. some places are not like that.
the acne washes and the self tanners (amoung other things) also do a number on the towels and linens. you have to figure this into the cost of doing business and try not to feel bad about it ... any time something just wouldn't come completely clean or got bleached out by some face cleanser or whatever ... it became mine or was offered to staff..
You know what has always gotten me about this, tho? These folks have the same problems at home. Do they have 'special' wash cloths that are ruined that they just use for these products or do they keep buying new facecloths?
Whatever it is that they do, I wish they would tell us. Just say, 'You know I use this product on my face and I have these special towels...'
We all have gotten to be friendly with some guests over time, why not say something to us?
We had one family that ruined all of the wash cloths in the room. (And threw them on the floor, so I wasn't expecting anything out of them in re info.) It was quite visible that they were ruined, too. We could see it without even having to wash them- all the color was bleached out of the centers of all the washcloths, luckily the cheap ones. But, do they do that at home, too? How does the cleaning staff at their house handle this? (And I was guessing they had 'staff' at their house.) Maybe they're tearing their hair out, too!

Hi Everyone! I know this post was from a few years ago, but I cannot imagine that the problem of staining and ruining washcloths, face towels and bath towels has improved, until NOW! I am so excited to tell you about my new product, Just 4 Lashes, the first black mascara removal cloth on the market! Just 4 Lashes eliminates stained cloths and towels. E difference between Just 4 Lashes and other products is that Just 4 Lashes is 100% poly microsuede, so it is extremely soft and will not pull or require any pressure to remove mascara and eye make up. Just 4 Lashes is machine washable

Hi Everyone! I know this post was from a few years ago, but I cannot imagine that the problem of staining and ruining washcloths, face towels and bath towels has improved, until NOW! I am so excited to tell you about my new product, Just 4 Lashes, the first black mascara removal cloth on the market! Just 4 Lashes eliminates stained cloths and towels. E difference between Just 4 Lashes and other products is that Just 4 Lashes is 100% poly microsuede, so it is extremely soft and will not pull or require any pressure to remove mascara and eye make up. Just 4 Lashes is machine washable.
And no remover or cleanser is needed to remove mascara, just warm water. I sell the Just 4 Lashes cloths at a wholesale and retail price. Please go to my website, www.just4lashes.com and/or contact me at: [email protected]
Just 4 Lashes is the answer you have been looking for! Contact me for wholesale pricing.
Thank you,
Angelee

the acne washes and the self tanners (amoung other things) also do a number on the towels and linens. you have to figure this into the cost of doing business and try not to feel bad about it ... any time something just wouldn't come completely clean or got bleached out by some face cleanser or whatever ... it became mine or was offered to staff..
You know what has always gotten me about this, tho? These folks have the same problems at home. Do they have 'special' wash cloths that are ruined that they just use for these products or do they keep buying new facecloths?
Whatever it is that they do, I wish they would tell us. Just say, 'You know I use this product on my face and I have these special towels...'
We all have gotten to be friendly with some guests over time, why not say something to us?
We had one family that ruined all of the wash cloths in the room. (And threw them on the floor, so I wasn't expecting anything out of them in re info.) It was quite visible that they were ruined, too. We could see it without even having to wash them- all the color was bleached out of the centers of all the washcloths, luckily the cheap ones. But, do they do that at home, too? How does the cleaning staff at their house handle this? (And I was guessing they had 'staff' at their house.) Maybe they're tearing their hair out, too!
Morticia,
you are going to absolutely love my product! Definitely contact me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back