Guest tracking

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brookfield

Reaction score
Hello all,
We are opening our B&B later this fall and are happy we found this site! We've been rennovating for a number of years and are finally just about "ready". Your comments are so helpful. Could you provide feedback on guest management systems...we've been considering SuperInn. Our place is small, just six rooms. Thanks!

Super Inns is one of the more popular ones. Your place is not small in my view...2 rooms is small..6 medium:) Hope you have some help for cleaniing and laundry..you will need it.
Webervations, less expensive than most of the systems. Check out and compare SuperInns with Rezovations & Resrvation Nexus

I use GUESTALL for managing reservations. It has many features, reporting for monthly taxes, tons and tons of at your finger tip stuff to manage and maintian your bookings.
I can instantly print out the income for each and every room, per month, per year, whatever I want. It is a database. It is VERY user friendly. It is NOT online, but you dowload the software to your own pc. I have used it for almost 5 years and it works well.
To accept online reservations I use webervations.
Both of these offer a trial period for free. Guestall works with webervations as well. Both are imo the best bang for your buck. Here is an overview list of their features.
We also have 6 rooms.

I use SuperInn, 7 rooms. It works well for us. I haven't seen any other systems so can't say which one is better.
Our reason for choosing it was so that we could log in remotely while on vacation to take reservations. And, because the credit card info is not stored on my home computer. (Which is also the one I travel with.) There are lots of accounting reports as well as guest reports you can run.

I use GUESTALL for managing reservations. It has many features, reporting for monthly taxes, tons and tons of at your finger tip stuff to manage and maintian your bookings.
I can instantly print out the income for each and every room, per month, per year, whatever I want. It is a database. It is VERY user friendly. It is NOT online, but you dowload the software to your own pc. I have used it for almost 5 years and it works well.
To accept online reservations I use webervations.
Both of these offer a trial period for free. Guestall works with webervations as well. Both are imo the best bang for your buck. Here is an overview list of their features.
We also have 6 rooms..
I just went to their site. Do you know they have a new update??? If not, you can go there to download it:)

Welcome to the forum! We have been open about 6 months with 5 guest rooms. We have SuperInn and haven't even begun to explore all the reports. My dh was adament about a system that was web based and the info not stored on any home computer. There is another one - Reservation Nexxus that is also web based. Both have free trial periods, I believe.

I use Superinn and love it. I love the fact that I can log in from any computer in the world to use it. The information is not stored on my computer. That is a plus because sometimes a computer can crash and loose all of its reservations and other information. The system has made my life easier because it is a property management system and keeps track of all the revenues and taxes as well as doing online reservations. I used to do this all manually on cards and that was a lot of work. I like the way superinn has the simple availability calendar which is easy to look for when people are looking online.

I use SuperInn for my 3 room B&B and have been reasonably happy with it, but if I had it to do over again I would go with Rezovation. It has a lot more going for it. SuperInn takes a lot more clicks to get things done.

I use Superinn and love it. I love the fact that I can log in from any computer in the world to use it. The information is not stored on my computer. That is a plus because sometimes a computer can crash and loose all of its reservations and other information. The system has made my life easier because it is a property management system and keeps track of all the revenues and taxes as well as doing online reservations. I used to do this all manually on cards and that was a lot of work. I like the way superinn has the simple availability calendar which is easy to look for when people are looking online..
oceans said:
I use Superinn and love it. I love the fact that I can log in from any computer in the world to use it. The information is not stored on my computer. That is a plus because sometimes a computer can crash and loose all of its reservations and other information. The system has made my life easier because it is a property management system and keeps track of all the revenues and taxes as well as doing online reservations. I used to do this all manually on cards and that was a lot of work. I like the way superinn has the simple availability calendar which is easy to look for when people are looking online.
Okay just to clarify, I use guest mgmt software, this is for all my own purposes, including taxes and reports. I use webervations for bookings, which is ONLINE and is visible on any computer around the world. All the information is ON THE webervations system when they book, it is not deleted.
I don't want to pay for property mgmt via Superinn, it is way beyond my price level.

I use SuperInn for my 3 room B&B and have been reasonably happy with it, but if I had it to do over again I would go with Rezovation. It has a lot more going for it. SuperInn takes a lot more clicks to get things done..
swirt said:
I use SuperInn for my 3 room B&B and have been reasonably happy with it, but if I had it to do over again I would go with Rezovation. It has a lot more going for it. SuperInn takes a lot more clicks to get things done.
I will admit, since I am still stuck with the old format of webervations, not the new handy dandy one, I PREFER Rezovation as a guest for LOOKS and USABILITY.

Thanks everyone! We're going do the free trial of a couple of systems you mentioned and go from there!

Back