Guest Vaccination Requirement

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are fortunate that we have separate rooms to seat up to 8-9 guests (our max) and we have continued to seat this way since COVID really hit in 2020.
We aren't legally allowed to serve at the moment. In this respect, we are required to follow the restaurant regulations. No restaurant seating is allowed at the moment, at all.

Someone's medical records are NOT any of MY business. There are laws against demanding medical records - although that little law seems to have been kicked to the curb right now.
Business as usual here too Gillum. We do not require it and in our welcome email prior to arrival we ask that guests respect the privacy of other guests as well.

we ask that guests respect the privacy of other guests as well.
I must disagree. If you want privacy, stay at home.
If you come to my inn, I need to manage risk and comfort levels for our guests and for ourselves; that means your willingness to share a little. If you are not vaccinated, or don't want to share, that's OK, you are welcome, but I need to serve you away -- typically in your room -- away from the guests who are vaccinated and tell me they don't want to be around people who are not vaccinated. I need to know this about you so I can do my job in 2022.
The conflation of this major global health crisis with politics and perceived assaults on personal liberties is a disgrace on all who profit from it.

Hold on! Another house rule: no open carry. Lock it up, cover it up; the other guests don't want to see it.
I also require people to wear pants in the public spaces; same reason, the other guests don't want to see it.
You want personal liberties, stay home.

We don't allow firearms on the property at all. Has never been an issue.

No but....H--- No, We are not required to ask or do anything in AK. It is your place and your rules and your rights the way I see it.We saw guests relieved that they were optional and all but a handful chose to wear the face diaper. I guess some didn't get the memo that vaccinations do not stop the spread

Back