Guest who seem very standoffish at first.............

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trishany

Reaction score
But then they turn out to be the nicest people in the world!
One couple came, and HE wouldn't even look at me! When I talk to people, I look at them in their eyes. I don't even know what color his eyes were, cause he never looked at me. Very odd, to me. SHE was a little bit better. I thought he was the biggest grump ever.
BUT, when they were leaving, he said that this was the nicest B&B he's ever been at. He saw my police plaques on the wall, and then said to me "thank you for your service". I got goosebumps, and I told him that NOBODY has ever said that before to me and thanked him. He made me feel so good!
He turned out to be a very, very nice man, and I thought he was the biggest grump in the world. go figure.

Some people are just shy at first. We've had similar first encounters where people seem cool/frosty/uneasy and then they get comfortable. Others manage to stay frosty, but I think they have to work really hard at it ;) .

Yes we have had similar. Just remember everyone is different. We may never know how we have touched someone. It's so hard not to judge..something I have trouble with, but am trying so to change that. As my husband constantly reminds me "never assume anything!" I know..but it is difficult
heart.gif

Yes we have had similar. Just remember everyone is different. We may never know how we have touched someone. It's so hard not to judge..something I have trouble with, but am trying so to change that. As my husband constantly reminds me "never assume anything!" I know..but it is difficult
heart.gif
I always thought I was good at "reading" people. But this man threw me for a loop! You are right -- "don't assume".

Thank you for serving!
Joke about a shy ethnic group: How do you know someone's a [shy ethnic group] extrovert? He looks at your feet instead of his own!
=)
Kk.

Some first time B&B goers are out of their element until they relax a bit. Usually it takes Dh to walk out in his levi's and tshirt.
regular_smile.gif

Some first time B&B goers are out of their element until they relax a bit. Usually it takes Dh to walk out in his levi's and tshirt.
regular_smile.gif
So when I am out mowing the lawn and sweating like a pig, I am actually making my guests feel at ease ... I like that
angel_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
So when I am out mowing the lawn and sweating like a pig, I am actually making my guests feel at ease ... I like that
angel_smile.gif

swirt said:
angel_smile.gif
Well no, they think you are the lawn guy.
It happens here, becomes the topic of conversation when DH is out mowing the lawn. Kind of a guy thing - like popping your head under the hood of a car. LOL

regular_smile.gif
angel_smile.gif

Yes, you can get away with it being a guy.
regular_smile.gif
I don't think guests like the disheveled female innkeeper look much. Maybe I'm wrong about this?? Had guests last week check in early & with the heat, humidity & how I was running around...I was clean but very mussed up and frazzled looking. I usually try to at least brush my hair!

regular_smile.gif
angel_smile.gif

angel_smile.gif
Just think how relaxed they'd be if we walked out just wearing boxers.
wink_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
angel_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
I don't think guests like the disheveled female innkeeper look much. Maybe I'm wrong about this?? Had guests last week check in early & with the heat, humidity & how I was running around...I was clean but very mussed up and frazzled looking. I usually try to at least brush my hair!
I have been working around the yard and not watching the time..and uh oh..guests show up... so they know I was working...I just apologize and continue on. Hey this is our home and our life...we can't be looking spit polished and shined all the time. I sure hope they realize that.

regular_smile.gif
angel_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
Samster said:
regular_smile.gif
Oh absolutely the female innkeeper must look lovely, the male can be rough and sweaty and wearing a ballcap. In fact the moreso the more they love him.

regular_smile.gif
angel_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
I have been working around the yard and not watching the time..and uh oh..guests show up... so they know I was working...I just apologize and continue on. Hey this is our home and our life...we can't be looking spit polished and shined all the time. I sure hope they realize that.
catlady said:
Hubs is disheveled if his button down shirt is untucked.
tounge_smile.gif
I answered the door today at 12:30 with a towel in my hand and the guests walked in and said, 'We know it's too early...' and I said, 'Yes, it is.' HE wanted to know when they could come back. I said, 'At check-in, 3 PM.'
When they came back I was getting out of the car with the laundry. I pointed to it and said, 'This is why check-in is at 3 PM.'

Wir bieten schöne Heimkehr Kleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom Heimkehr Kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Heimkehr Kleider.
Für junge Mädchen, ist die Nacht von ihren Abschlussball möglicherweise eine der werdende und aufregende Nächte in ihrem Leben. Dies ist die Zeit, wo sie frei sprechen können, und verkleiden sich schön. Besonders für die jungen Damen, abendkleid 54 abendkleid 54 die viele Dinge eine Entscheidung zu treffen haben, ihre Ballkleider 2012, schmeichelhaft Schuhen, Zubehör und so weiter.
Während es wichtig ist, um ein Kleid, das elegant ist auszuwählen brautmode und abendmode brautmode und abendmode, ist es auch toll, dass Ihr Style-Statement und Ihre Vision Genuss. Suchen Sie ein Kleid, brautmode kurze kleider das Ihre eigene Erklärung des Stils betont und ergänzt Ihre Statur. Es ist wichtig, dass Sie Ihre Vorteile Akzent. Wenn Trends groß sind, hochzeitskleider kinder können Sie auch eigene Stile mit so vielen Dekorationen.
Fashion Trends in 2012
Bei der Suche nach der kurzen prom Kleider, neigen viele junge Mädchen zu tun, falsch zu wählen jene Kleider, brautkleid 44 brautkleid 44 onlineshop abendkleider die nach dem neuesten Trend der Rampe zu gehen. Eigentlich kurze brautkleider günstig kurze brautkleider günstig, muss Ihr Ziel sein, um kariöse Farben machen.
Nun sind einige der am begrüßte Farben für Kleider schwarz, gelb, lila und blau. Sie können auswählen, mit der allgemein begrüßten Farben sowie, wie schwarz und weiß zu gehen. Unter all den Möglichkeiten, braut abendmoden sind schwarz prom Kleider von großer Eleganz in diesem Jahr, denn es machen können Mädchen schauen formalen und sexy.
Neues Romantik
Mit romantischen Stile wählen blass Kittel brautkleider brautmoden , mit lacy zuckt mit den Schultern und charmanten Accessoires. Es wird Sie am besten mit diesem Stil zu zeigen. Es ist auch modernes Design auf der Rampe mit Kleidern mit geschichteten Rock. Suchen Sie ein Kleid in schwarz oder Perlmutt, erhalten Sie den richtigen Look. Die Länge des Kleides ist ganz nach Ihren Liebling entschieden. Von kurzen Gewändern online shopping , die gerade grasen die Knie, um einen langen Rock der auch ein passendes Kleid mit einem wunderschönen Rundhals, können Sie es sehr gut passen.
brautmoden online

Back