Guest with a different name or a different guest?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Okay so I recall a while back one of the innmates here speaking of a dude showing up with a different woman from the booking, ie she dumped him so he kept the rez and brought someone else. or similar.
I have that here now, the name of the second person is not the same person, first or last. Another reason innkeepers refer to guests by their room names! I don't ask, I don't tell, I just shake hands and showed them around. It just throws you, I know you probably do what I do right before check in, peek at your new guests names so you can welcome them properly, and, of course, make sure they are in the correct room (most importantly). I realize people use proper names on bookings, so they may actually go by a nickname or middle name, but this name is even from a different part of the world.
Go with the flow...

We had the ex of our guest show up in place of her. It would have been nice of her to call and let us know she had given up the room to him rather than have us querying him and wondering how to verify the facts! All we could think was he 'got wind' of her staying here and decided to 'surprise' her and her companion!
We've also had guests show up with different people, unnamed on the rez form. I don't remember everyone who has walked thru the door so it's hard on me when I don't know if this is the same partner as last time or what.

Quite a while back a friend of mine went away for a "romanitc" weekend with her new BF. He made a big deal about how he loved the place even making a rez for 2 or 3 months down the road right in front of her. Turns out he took all his new GF to the same place at about date 7 or so. The innkeepers pulled her to the side and told her she was the third woman he had shown up with in 6 months.
Needless to say she dumped him.
Guess it was rez for John Doe and guest at that point.

Holy cow...I would never tell the new partner what the story was! If it happens here, I don't even say welcome back, just greet them kindly and see if the old guest mentions being there before.
None of my business! Of course, I then go running back to our place and tell DH all about it!

Holy cow...I would never tell the new partner what the story was! If it happens here, I don't even say welcome back, just greet them kindly and see if the old guest mentions being there before.
None of my business! Of course, I then go running back to our place and tell DH all about it!.
Well, it won't be a problem for me, I can't remember anyone's name without looking first.
I was a service manager for "our" business before it became his business, I had caller ID, so I was pretty good at figuring out who they were, while making 30 seconds of small talk I looked them up on the computer to see when the last time they were in. Worked great, they all thought I recognized their voices. Had them fooled!!!!
I was amazed that innkeeper pulled her aside, but she was grateful, in that he made it out that he had always wanted to stay there, and never had. So she dodged a bullet in her opinion. Personally what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, not my place to kiss and tell.

Quite a while back a friend of mine went away for a "romanitc" weekend with her new BF. He made a big deal about how he loved the place even making a rez for 2 or 3 months down the road right in front of her. Turns out he took all his new GF to the same place at about date 7 or so. The innkeepers pulled her to the side and told her she was the third woman he had shown up with in 6 months.
Needless to say she dumped him.
Guess it was rez for John Doe and guest at that point..
Call me Sgt Schultz.

I have to laugh because if a guy changes women after booking he gets to explain why the door to his room say welcome and the names that are on the booking. Might be a bit uncomfortable for him.

Back