Quantcast

Guests in trouble for disobeying the policies

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
They showed up with a dog. I said to them "Sorry we cannot accept any pets." They turned around and it was OUR DOG standing there and waltzed on in behind them. They said "We don't even know that dog. He must have followed us up here."
I said, well since you don't know it I will waive the dog penalty fee, and then introduced them to the dog. It was a funny moment. Really it was. Funny ha ha.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

greyswan

Reaction score
Oh, don't you just love those kind of moments!!

Samster

Reaction score
Hahahaha! Cute! I'll remember that the next time that the porch cat tries to get in on the heels of some guests :) Too funny!

Proud Texan

Reaction score
If you don't inforce your policies, then why bother having them. It might have been a little awkward because your dog wandered in at an inopportune moment, but is is your house and your rules. I assume they checked a box when making the reservations that indicted they had read your policies. I'm guessing you made the rule because of the possible mess and extra cleaning that is required for pets (not to mention the noise.
Better hope that word doesn't get out that you're a pushover who doesn't enforce her policies.

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't inforce your policies, then why bother having them. It might have been a little awkward because your dog wandered in at an inopportune moment, but is is your house and your rules. I assume they checked a box when making the reservations that indicted they had read your policies. I'm guessing you made the rule because of the possible mess and extra cleaning that is required for pets (not to mention the noise.
Better hope that word doesn't get out that you're a pushover who doesn't enforce her policies..
?
i think she is saying that the guests did not have a dog.
it was her own dog that walked in behind them.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Sorry, it was late when I read that and wrote that. I shouldn't respond to comments when I'm bleary-eyed.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Nice word tho even if it was a typo P.T. INNforce your rules. There ya go, I like it!