Gum

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
OK - here's my last question for the evening.
I just received my latest offering from the I Love Inns spin-off marketing group. It's a new trident sugerless gum.
The instructions specify that you either place it "in-room" or hand it to guests.
This, to me, seems fraught with pitfalls. In the past I've used their products as turn-down items - so the Olay was WONDERFUL, however, handing gum to guests or leaving it on their pillow has way too many personal hygiene implications for me.
Thoughts ??????

I'm not getting anymore offers from them. Possibly because I wouldn't commit in perpetuity to take whatever came down the pike from them.
No gum, too much could go wrong with that.
I still have 2 cases of cereal. Months expired now so can't put it out for guests. Still handing out Olay packages.

Hey, I just signed up with them! Where are my offers?
teeth_smile.gif
Gum as they leave..."This is a free promotion thru ILoveInns, a lot of folks like to keep gum in their car (purse, pocket), so I thought you might like it." They can always decline. I wouldn't give it out while they're staying with you though...gum is a pain to clean up.

teeth_smile.gif
Gum as they leave..."This is a free promotion thru ILoveInns, a lot of folks like to keep gum in their car (purse, pocket), so I thought you might like it." They can always decline. I wouldn't give it out while they're staying with you though...gum is a pain to clean up..
hmmmm .... a parting gift. I think I like that ....

teeth_smile.gif
Gum as they leave..."This is a free promotion thru ILoveInns, a lot of folks like to keep gum in their car (purse, pocket), so I thought you might like it." They can always decline. I wouldn't give it out while they're staying with you though...gum is a pain to clean up..
The Tipsy Butler said:
Just like a game show...'lovely parting gifts'...which is what we say around here whenever anyone gets something to take home from anywhere...'Oooo, look, lovely parting gifts!'

I'm not getting anymore offers from them. Possibly because I wouldn't commit in perpetuity to take whatever came down the pike from them.
I still have 2 cases of cereal. Months expired now so can't put it out for guests. Still handing out Olay packages..
Use the cereal in muffins

I still have 2 cases of cereal. Months expired now so can't put it out for guests. Still handing out Olay packages..
gillumhouse said:
Hubs is quite happy to polish it off.
teeth_smile.gif
If he gets tired of it, I might make some mini muffins for snacks when it cools down here.

gillumhouse said:
Hubs is quite happy to polish it off.
teeth_smile.gif
If he gets tired of it, I might make some mini muffins for snacks when it cools down here.
I did not get the Olay and so far no gum either. Darn!!

teeth_smile.gif
The Tipsy Butler said:
Just like a game show...'lovely parting gifts'...which is what we say around here whenever anyone gets something to take home from anywhere...'Oooo, look, lovely parting gifts!'
parting gift only! best idea!
gum stuck in hair! (peanut butter rub and then wash) but ugh!!!
gum stuck on pillows cases, in towels, deliberately stuck under tables ... why do people do this ? i don't know ... and for those who must take children, that's where it will end up.

Tipsy - are these promotions from a different marketing company than Iloveinns? There was another company that was calling around with promotions after the great cereal debacle. What's the name?

teeth_smile.gif
The Tipsy Butler said:
gum stuck on pillows cases, in towels, deliberately stuck under tables ... why do people do this ? i don't know ... and for those who must take children, that's where it will end up.
noodle-inn said:
Which reminds me, it's time to do the underside of the nightstands inspection. That's where I found a was of gum last time. Not noticeable when cleaning, but very visible when lying in bed! Hubs was 'modifying' the nightstands for me when I found it. Yuck!

A big pile of them to help yourself as you leave. I spot cleaned apple jolly rancher off an off-white quilt today just before check in when I saw it! GRRRRRRRREERN

Tipsy - are these promotions from a different marketing company than Iloveinns? There was another company that was calling around with promotions after the great cereal debacle. What's the name?.
I figured the best way to find out (and fastest) was to ask Deborah. It is the Interlopers - Brand Connections - that is doingthe Gum.

A big pile of them to help yourself as you leave. I spot cleaned apple jolly rancher off an off-white quilt today just before check in when I saw it! GRRRRRRRREERN.
I hate finding Jolly Rancher wrappers on the sidewalk outside - I know they come from our guests.

Tipsy - are these promotions from a different marketing company than Iloveinns? There was another company that was calling around with promotions after the great cereal debacle. What's the name?.
I figured the best way to find out (and fastest) was to ask Deborah. It is the Interlopers - Brand Connections - that is doingthe Gum.
I knew it wasn't Iloveinns - they don't have any promos listed right now - but I couldn't remember the name of the other company.

I knew it wasn't Iloveinns - they don't have any promos listed right now - but I couldn't remember the name of the other company.
I didn't think it could be iloveinns. They wouldn't do anything that tacky..ha ha....why would B & B's want gum...No way.

A big pile of them to help yourself as you leave. I spot cleaned apple jolly rancher off an off-white quilt today just before check in when I saw it! GRRRRRRRREERN.
I hate finding Jolly Rancher wrappers on the sidewalk outside - I know they come from our guests.
muirford said:
The little flags from the Hershey's kisses are everywhere. I have to look in my decorative crockery to make sure they aren't being used for trash cans.

Would never give gum out here ... we have found gum stuck to the underside of the breakfast table, brought in by the dogs ... oh and given to the dogs (please do not feed the dogs anything speech did not work). Found in plant beds.
I have a hate on for gum.

Would never give gum out here ... we have found gum stuck to the underside of the breakfast table, brought in by the dogs ... oh and given to the dogs (please do not feed the dogs anything speech did not work). Found in plant beds.
I have a hate on for gum..
Cathy said:
I have a hate on for gum.
Wait a minute...the dogs brought in the gum and stuck it to the underside of the breakfast table? What kind of dogs are they? Chew-huahuas?
wink_smile.gif

Back