Had to pop in for some stress relief

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
I know I've been absent more than usual but I needed to stop in and just get rid of this load:
Guest made rez 6 weeks ago for multiple rooms. Did not say at that point that they needed to arrive early. Now they do. All 3 rooms want in at 1 PM. For the next 3 days we have a whole house checkout every stinkin day and no help. We cannot accommodate 3 early arrivals.
Someone just shows up to leave us packages for 2 of the 3 rooms. I mention there are 3 rooms, is there something for the other room? A look passes. 'Oh, they must be bringing a babysitter for the baby so they can go out Saturday night.' WHAT???
No mention of any child of any age was made when the rez was made.
We've had the old babysitter trick pulled on us once before. Parents roll in, drop off the babysitter with the kid and LEAVE. They never came to the door, didn't check in and there we were stuck with a kid who screamed for 4 solid hours while the 'babysitter' did nothing. No one could contact the parents.

Try to keep it together until they get there. It may not be that at all and you may have gotten worked up in a tizzy over nothing. I say this while trying to keep this in my head for the next time I get worked up before arrival.
I hope this is NOT the case. But since you have had experience with this kind, have a plan in place to handle it quickly. Since they are arriving early (?) at least there will be no one around if you need to address an issue.
Hoping for smooth sailing this weekend!

Guests in the room last night left at 12:30. No, they did not arrange a late check-out with us in advance.
Guests for the early check-in? Arrived at 12:50. We turned them away. Explained the group organizer had arranged a 2 PM check-out and that was when we could let them in.
However, when I opened the door they both sailed in, handed me their trash from their car and walked right thru into the living room telling me they were told to check in. NOT making a good first impression. Either them OR the people who we actually spoke with.
I am now going to start my tai chi DVD and relax. And pretend I am not here.

Maddie, I can't believe how rude your guests are! You sure do get 'em.
cry_smile.gif

Maddie, I can't believe how rude your guests are! You sure do get 'em.
cry_smile.gif
This weekend seems to be the nexus. The story only gets worse with a bit of an 'act of God' thrown in for good measure. There is an excess of attitude and for a group that HAD to be in at 1, they are still sitting around at almost 4.
Maybe later I can tell the rest of it involving individuals who are handicapped and guests telling us our website says we're handicap accessible.

Guests in the room last night left at 12:30. No, they did not arrange a late check-out with us in advance.
Guests for the early check-in? Arrived at 12:50. We turned them away. Explained the group organizer had arranged a 2 PM check-out and that was when we could let them in.
However, when I opened the door they both sailed in, handed me their trash from their car and walked right thru into the living room telling me they were told to check in. NOT making a good first impression. Either them OR the people who we actually spoke with.
I am now going to start my tai chi DVD and relax. And pretend I am not here..
Dream of things you could do that would make you feel better. Chocolate chip muffins with Ex Lax. Just dream and it will help you get rid of the tension. No need to do it, just dream of it.

Remember the mantra...
They Pay
They Stay
THEY GO AWAY.
...we live to ride another day...
The baby has not stopped crying for at least 2 hours now.
This is why we INSIST that guests with babies take the room on our side of the house. At least I can sleep on the couch, another guest would be stuck listening to this.
I'm just now realizing that I was supremely insulted earlier at check-in when I said I would hold the baby while mother signed in. She looked at me and said, 'She can sign for me,' and pointed to her sister. Hmmm. Maybe I'm contagious. This is one of the worst princesses we've had in a long while.

Remember the mantra...
They Pay
They Stay
THEY GO AWAY.
This is why we INSIST that guests with babies take the room on our side of the house. At least I can sleep on the couch, another guest would be stuck listening to this.
I'm just now realizing that I was supremely insulted earlier at check-in when I said I would hold the baby while mother signed in. She looked at me and said, 'She can sign for me,' and pointed to her sister. Hmmm. Maybe I'm contagious. This is one of the worst princesses we've had in a long while.
Breathe just breathe. Oi vey....unbelievable. However, we are in a very high tourist destination town this weekend and the "princesses" that I have overheard here have amazed me. We had dinner at a fantastic historic restaurant and the face on the young woman at the table next me would have curdled milk. Our server was topnotch, the food was outstanding, and the atmosphere was unique. Maybe she wanted Mickey D`s?
I hope the rest of the weekend goes quickly for you!

Remember the mantra...
They Pay
They Stay
THEY GO AWAY.
Breathe just breathe. Oi vey....unbelievable. However, we are in a very high tourist destination town this weekend and the "princesses" that I have overheard here have amazed me. We had dinner at a fantastic historic restaurant and the face on the young woman at the table next me would have curdled milk. Our server was topnotch, the food was outstanding, and the atmosphere was unique. Maybe she wanted Mickey D`s?
Samster said:
. Our server was topnotch, the food was outstanding, and the atmosphere was unique. Maybe she wanted Mickey D`s?
That's it, people trash their taste buds with junk food!

Remember the mantra...
They Pay
They Stay
THEY GO AWAY.
Samster said:
. Our server was topnotch, the food was outstanding, and the atmosphere was unique. Maybe she wanted Mickey D`s?
It's not simply fast food, it's commercial food as well. We went to a few chains and it's like a salt lick out there.

Remember the mantra...
They Pay
They Stay
THEY GO AWAY.
This has been the weekend that's for sure! I've had 5 phone calls or walk-ins so far today and not a single booking from them. 'Too expensive,' and we've lowered our rates for this week! I've done 3 house tours today and that didn't help, either. Ready to close up shop and go out for dinner with DH.
I need a break from the crazies.

Remember the mantra...
They Pay
They Stay
THEY GO AWAY.
Samster said:
It's not simply fast food, it's commercial food as well. We went to a few chains and it's like a salt lick out there.
it's like a salt lick out there
Exactly, when we eat out, I need a gallon of water when we get home to wash the salty, dryness out.

Remember the mantra...
They Pay
They Stay
THEY GO AWAY.
Samster said:
it's like a salt lick out there
Exactly, when we eat out, I need a gallon of water when we get home to wash the salty, dryness out.
It seems that someone forgot that you should salt, but you should never be able to taste it. If you taste it, it's too salty.

Back