HAIR..HAIR..

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here I sit with color in my HAIR....... 22 minutes to instant glam HAIR.... I'll be so beautiful then, my poodle won't even COMPARE....AAh...old lady with new HAIR....maybe I'll get a STAIR........ someone in Bridgewater, Va.
shades_smile.gif

LOL I thought this was going to end with "...then the guest showed up at the door 3 hours early." But I guess that wouldn't have rymed. Well done Mary. Hopefully all went well.

When I saw the subject line "Hair Hair" I thought it was going to be on the topic of how to catch loose hair strands in the bathrooms....such a fun chore. So, time to share my tip, which you probably all know about, but just in case you don't here it is:
My first line of attack when cleaning a bathroom is my trusty piece of scotch tape. Tub, shower, toilet and sink and pick 'em all up before chasing them all around. Started with using small single dispensers, now I just rip a piece off a dispenser refill which is much cheaper. Works wonders
regular_smile.gif

When I saw the subject line "Hair Hair" I thought it was going to be on the topic of how to catch loose hair strands in the bathrooms....such a fun chore. So, time to share my tip, which you probably all know about, but just in case you don't here it is:
My first line of attack when cleaning a bathroom is my trusty piece of scotch tape. Tub, shower, toilet and sink and pick 'em all up before chasing them all around. Started with using small single dispensers, now I just rip a piece off a dispenser refill which is much cheaper. Works wonders
regular_smile.gif
Good idea, plus if you all use glasses for reading it helps lots to put them on when your cleaning. Discovered hair after I cleaned a bath but did a last minute check before they arrived and there it was.. a hair in the jetted tub.Mary in Bridgewater,Va

regular_smile.gif
We have one of those pet lint rollers in all room closets for when guests ask to see our wolfhound since he'll shed on them. I like to use them after making the bed to run over the bedspreads and furniture and get those pesky hairs in the bathroom. We find a lot of humans shed too and then it gets on the furniture and over to the bed we just made...
RIki

I thought this was going to be about hair in the drains...guess it was the timing as I just did my bi-weekly drain cleaning...YUCK they get nasty.

Yes, when we're done cleaning dh does his "hair check"... and I usually fail. I think I'll try the lint brush idea.
=)
Kk.

regular_smile.gif
We have one of those pet lint rollers in all room closets for when guests ask to see our wolfhound since he'll shed on them. I like to use them after making the bed to run over the bedspreads and furniture and get those pesky hairs in the bathroom. We find a lot of humans shed too and then it gets on the furniture and over to the bed we just made...
RIki
egoodell said:
RIki
Great idea. I like the scotch tape idea also.

Here I sit, more than half gray
Thank to my kids I must say.
To many the silver hair of age
Signifies one is a sage..
And since it is a nice silver gray
And I am cheap - gray it will stay.

I thought this was going to be about hair in the drains...guess it was the timing as I just did my bi-weekly drain cleaning...YUCK they get nasty..
Copperhead said:
I thought this was going to be about hair in the drains...guess it was the timing as I just did my bi-weekly drain cleaning...YUCK they get nasty.
How do you clean your drains? Do you put draino down it? The only time I deal with the drains is when they are plugged up. I've been having problems with a shower drain that is draining slowly. There really isn't a way to clean it because the cover doesn't come up so I just dump draino down it and boiling water. What is your method?

Let it fly in the breeze
And get caught in the trees
Give a home to the fleas in my hair
A home for fleas
A hive for buzzin bees
A nest for birds
There ain't no words
For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder
Of my..
Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair
( I just saw the musical and couldn't contain myself)

Let it fly in the breeze
And get caught in the trees
Give a home to the fleas in my hair
A home for fleas
A hive for buzzin bees
A nest for birds
There ain't no words
For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder
Of my..
Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair
( I just saw the musical and couldn't contain myself).
These are great ! Sunday morn and I am chuckling my head off...better get on with breakfast.Mary in Bridgewater.

I thought this was going to be about hair in the drains...guess it was the timing as I just did my bi-weekly drain cleaning...YUCK they get nasty..
Copperhead said:
How do you clean your drains? Do you put draino down it? The only time I deal with the drains is when they are plugged up. I've been having problems with a shower drain that is draining slowly. There really isn't a way to clean it because the cover doesn't come up so I just dump draino down it and boiling water. What is your method?
Oceans, all my guest rooms have a tub/shower combo with a reg. plug drain. We have a plastic 'rod' with ridges on the sides that the hair hooks on when pulling back out of the drain. If done on a regular basis, you will not have slow or clogged drains. The rod can be purchased at Wallyworld and Home D.. I have found them in with the plumbing areas as well as with the drain cleaners.
We are on a sewage treatment plant so we try to avoid dumping chemicals down the drains. Our 2 personal showers have the screwdown flat drain covers and I do unscrew them to clean out the same way as my guest rooms. For an eco friendly way to clean slow drains: make sure your drain cover is dry the pour 1 cup of baking soda and then pour 3 cups of boiling water, followed by 1 cup of vinegar. The bubbling that occurs is a safe chemical reaction that will loosen the hair and particles around the hair and allow it to flow down the pipes. Once the bubbling stops run the shower for a little while to clear the drain. This could need to be repeated several times to finish the job. (This is not as fast as draino) Once the pipes are clear, use this baking soda/water/vinegar method every week or two and you will not have the problem again.

Back