Half fold or quarter fold?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
If you have a quilt or coverlet on the bed and you have a second quilt.comforter,coverlet at the end of the bed (actually on the bed, not footboard), do you think it looks better to fold it in half, so that half the bed is covered with the second quilt, or 1/4 so it is more at the end of the bed?
The question also brings up the color issue. If the coverlet is white, then the quilt brings the color (as well as the shams that match it).
Every time I make this one particular bed I fold it 1/2, then refold in half then back again.
Now let me test my inserting photos on this blorum and see how it goes. Ohhh fancy attach a new file feature at the bottom of this new thread. I like it.
BTW I just found the sub-categories on here when I went to post a new thread!

Okay the attachment POPULATES the current window, so not sure if Swirt wants to make it open a new window. I almost clicked close and then went OOPS! Need to click BACK button, which I am now unaccustomed to doing in this world of window madness.
Alos interesting as I am replying to my message and it is not offering the feature of adding an attachment now.
It did allow me to BROWSE the server when I clicked the YELLOW insert image box, then resized it to the 120x120 size abnd put it along my "featured inn" thumbnail.
I am typing this portion under EDIT.

Okay the attachment POPULATES the current window, so not sure if Swirt wants to make it open a new window. I almost clicked close and then went OOPS! Need to click BACK button, which I am now unaccustomed to doing in this world of window madness.
Alos interesting as I am replying to my message and it is not offering the feature of adding an attachment now.
It did allow me to BROWSE the server when I clicked the YELLOW insert image box, then resized it to the 120x120 size abnd put it along my "featured inn" thumbnail.
I am typing this portion under EDIT. .
Here's step by steps for adding a photo inside a post. Though attaching it as you did is another option if you just want to link to the file. (works well for word documents and pdfs too.
The Drupal module for adding attachments to comments is still under development, (by programmers more talented then I) but I will add it here when it is ready.
Opening attachments in a new window is a good idea, I'll have to do some digging to make that the default.

We fold the quilts down to the bottom, so in fourths or even fifths, depending on the thickness of the comforter. I personally think the bed looks larger with the quilt covering less of it - but that's totally my personal preference unsubstantiated by any data whatsoever, anecdotal or otherwise. Plus, for my own sleeping, I don't want that quilt on my legs at night - too hot!
Jeanne

We fold the quilts down to the bottom, so in fourths or even fifths, depending on the thickness of the comforter. I personally think the bed looks larger with the quilt covering less of it - but that's totally my personal preference unsubstantiated by any data whatsoever, anecdotal or otherwise. Plus, for my own sleeping, I don't want that quilt on my legs at night - too hot!
Jeanne.
Good points! Thanks.
I personally like it at the end to just roll on up and over if it gets too chilly. I agree with the extra weight on your feet. Esp if you are tall and it is up over your ankles.

Here's step by steps for adding a photo inside a post. Though attaching it as you did is another option if you just want to link to the file. (works well for word documents and pdfs too.
The Drupal module for adding attachments to comments is still under development, (by programmers more talented then I) but I will add it here when it is ready.
Opening attachments in a new window is a good idea, I'll have to do some digging to make that the default.
Alright then. I did see that fck editor but wasnt' sure what it was. I will give it a shot.
Pond_May2008.jpg

Alright then. I did see that fck editor but wasnt' sure what it was. I will give it a shot.
Pond_May2008.jpg

I didn't designate the thumbnail size, so it resized it on its own and in my window since it is a reply it is far right, but that's okay, so am I.

I have the duvets so I fold them in thirds so the guest can reach down (once all snuggled into the bed) and just grab the edge and pull. Then the duvet unfolds nicely and covers the whole bed.
For asthetics...do things in thirds. The quilt, etc, when folded, should cover 1/3 of the surface area of the bed.
Just read the rest of the posts...yes, if the item is heavy it will bother the tall guests' feet. We find that guests just kick the duvets onto the floor or they take them off and fold nicely onpt a chair. (They're gone for the summer now, so I don't worry about them again until October. Yippee!)

Jeanne.
Good points! Thanks.
I personally like it at the end to just roll on up and over if it gets too chilly. I agree with the extra weight on your feet. Esp if you are tall and it is up over your ankles.
As you know, I do it like your photo. We had very tall guests & I took the comforter off the bed as they were from your former area of the country & liked it cool in their room anyway. Comforters are gone from another room until Winter because I could see them ending up on the floor & needing laundering all the time.

I fold mine the same way as you do in your pic. It looks nice and it doesn't cover the nice spread underneath.

Thirds. I always do thirds. But, I did say once before that it depends on how it looks when you're done and what the purpose is. I have the duvets and thirds allows the guest to grab a corner and pull it right up over them, no snags or shaking it out involved.

OK, the one you show has lots of pillows on the bed, too. So, however you have it folded there is good. It looks right.

Back