Halloween Bookings

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Once again, not a room booked on Halloween and it is on a FRIDAY this year. Do any of you have rooms booked in over Halloween? We already planned to go to a show that evening as we had no rez and don't expect any. I have a couple the following week/weekend.

They check-out on Halloween here, but they don't check-in....(creepy music...)
ghostsmiley.gif

I expect things to be pretty quiet here once the fall foliage season is over and it should be over from the looks of things here by Halloween.

I had a couple of folks want to rebook last year for this weekend. Then they realized it was Halloween. No. They have to be home for the kids to go out or to answer their own door or just to 'be on guard'. I do have bookings but they parents coming for college.

I expect things to be pretty quiet here once the fall foliage season is over and it should be over from the looks of things here by Halloween..
catlady said:
I expect things to be pretty quiet here once the fall foliage season is over and it should be over from the looks of things here by Halloween.
I'm confused... I thought you were retired? Isn't it quiet all the time there?
=/
Kk.

Halloween is usally fairly dead here...though there are always plenty of people in costume doing the wineries. We usually closed for that weekend as it was a good weekend for DW to write her report cards for her day job. We found most people wanted to be home with kids or protecting their house or something.

We're booked for the entire last week of the month until November 1st. October is travel time in Texas because it's too hot the rest of the year.

I expect things to be pretty quiet here once the fall foliage season is over and it should be over from the looks of things here by Halloween..
catlady said:
I'm confused... I thought you were retired? Isn't it quiet all the time there?
=/
Kk.
Oh I wasn't speaking in terms of me...but for my other innkeeper friends in town :) But you know...we have had people calling us for rooms anyway!!! Sat at 8 pm a cabin owner called me asking if I could take overflow WHAT???? NO WAY!!!

No Halloween rez here either. Have a 2-night that leaves on Halloween though.

Halloween is usally fairly dead here...though there are always plenty of people in costume doing the wineries. We usually closed for that weekend as it was a good weekend for DW to write her report cards for her day job. We found most people wanted to be home with kids or protecting their house or something..
swirt said:
Halloween is usally fairly dead here...
Good one.
wink_smile.gif

It is different here, Day of the Dead ... and we are booked 3 out of 4 rooms. Our first Day of the Dead, we still need to decorate and display our Catrina's and skulls.
We will be serving chocolate skulls for breakfast dessert. :)

Back